Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Domain registration [ In reply to ]
----- Original Message -----
From: "Otto Willum Nielsen" <nielsen@awtoc.net>
To: <spf-help@v2.listbox.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 4:36 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-help] Domain registration

> Hi the Chinese are blocking port 587 so now what to do ?
>
> Regards
>
> Otto

What, at their routers to the satellite feeds or trans-atlantic cables?

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
RE: Domain registration [ In reply to ]
> an email sent from a iib.ws email account through
> smtp.mail.yahoo.com using the yahoo authentication was
> rejected by the problem domain
>
> Why does it work for virgin and not for us or is this
> configured so it does not get all the big ISP's miffed

Presumably because iib.ws has an SPF record ("v=spf1 ip4:81.27.96.0/20
-all"), and virgin.net doesn't.

-------
Re: Domain registration [ In reply to ]
Actually if you read that last one then you would have seen that it was the
result of a test to check out how wide reaching the rejections were in
relation to the first question posed - the results were

an email sent from a virgin.net email account through smtp.mail.yahoo.com
using the yahoo authentication went srraight through to the problem domain

an email sent from a iib.ws email account through smtp.mail.yahoo.com using
the yahoo authentication was rejected by the problem domain

Why does it work for virgin and not for us or is this configured so it does
not get all the big ISP's miffed

we do not have a SPF record configure as far as i know at this time and if
we do it was set up by someone with absolutely no authority to do so - how
can I check this out to ensure that no such record exists

Regards
Peter