servers on both Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris?!!

Appreciate your input, I am a beginner in SPF.

Thanks
Walid

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: Setup SPF on Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris [ In reply to ]
First of all: do you run your own dns server for the domain(s) you wish
to protect? If not, you should go through whomever controls your dns.

A bit more information would be helpfull if you want to receive a
to-the-point answer, your question is too general.

Have you already checked out spf.pobox.com, for example:

http://spf.pobox.com/mechanisms.html

http://spf.pobox.com/faq.html

http://spf.pobox.com/rfcs.html

Koen

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 07:10:41PM +0200, Walid Azab wrote:
> Hello every one. Can anyone please help me how to set up SPF on my DNS
> servers on both Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris?!!
>
> Appreciate your input, I am a beginner in SPF.
>
> Thanks
> Walid
>
> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription,
> please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
Re: Setup SPF on Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris [ In reply to ]
> Hello every one. Can anyone please help me how to set up SPF on my DNS
> servers on both Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris?!!
>
> Appreciate your input, I am a beginner in SPF.

First you RTFM, then you attempt to make it work, and when that fails you
describe the problem you are having in detail.

Regards, Mike

-------
Re: Setup SPF on Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris [ In reply to ]
Wow, I know his question was vague and I am sure you get lots of such
emails, but really ..
the RTFM reply does not lend itself to making people want to join in on this
project.

David

Re: Setup SPF on Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris [ In reply to ]
first generate spf txt records with wth wizard on spf.pobox.com
second publish them in your dns records. >>> this will "protect" your
domains(s)
third use spf-server software for postfix, exim and so on .... to reject
mail not passing the spf test..

this is all

btw ... your mta's ??? you dont tell us ....

i suppose you have a subn in front doing the dirty work and a win2k
network in behind doing the groupware stuff...

so it should be easly to incorporate spf within your sun mta...

yours

Gerhard W. Recher
(Geschäftsführer)

NETpilot GmbH

Wilhelm-Riehl-Str. 13
D-80687 München

Tel: ++49 89 547182 0
Fax: ++49 89 547182 33
GSM: ++49 171 4802507

w3: http://www.netpilot.net
e-Mail: mailto:Gerhard.Recher@netpilot.net

-------
Re: Setup SPF on Windows 2000 and Sun Solaris [ In reply to ]
Well IMHO, it is a very Fine manual ;)

But his question was more then just vague....
He didnt indicate that he had made any attempt to do anything.

Regards, Mike