Mailing List Archive

Instructions not clear
To Whom It May Concern:

I need help setting up an SPF record. The domain for which I am
attempting to set up an SPF record is testaloha.com. I have logged onto
http://spf.pobox.com and used the SPF Setup Wizard. After answering the
questions on this page and clicking the "Explain" button, it returned
the following information:

If you run BIND

Paste this into your zone file:

testaloha.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 mx ptr -all"

and

So this should also appear in DNS. You may or may not be in charge of
the DNS for these entries; if you are, add them.

dfw1-server04.alohaenterprise.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a -all"

However, I am not very clear on where to add the above information.
Should the above information be added in DNS tree on my DNS server for
testaloha.com? Does the above information need to be added to the text
file C:\WINNT\system32\dns\testaloha.com.dns?

Could you please provide specific instructions detailing where the above
information should be added in DNS?

Thank you in advance,

Jeff Suchomel
Network Engineer
Radiant Hospitality Systems, Eservice Division
1320 Tennis Drive
Bedford, Tx. 76022
Jeffrey.suchomel@radiantsystems.com
817-252-9499 ext. 3393 (office)
817-313-6748 (mobile)

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
Re: Instructions not clear [ In reply to ]
You might want to consult your dns software's manual, as it seems you do
not fully understand how dns works.

Is dfw1-server03.alohaenterprise.com a server you mantain?? Are you
running bind? I guess not, since you seem to be running windows. In that
case, use the appropriate means for editting the zones in your dns
server.

If you don't know how to do this, either read the manual of your dns
software or search the archive of spf-help and spf-discuss, there are
some explanations of how to use windows dns software.

Koen

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 05:49:23PM -0500, Suchomel, Jeffrey wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern:
>

> I need help setting up an SPF record. The domain for which I am
> attempting to set up an SPF record is testaloha.com. I have logged onto
> http://spf.pobox.com and used the SPF Setup Wizard. After answering the
> questions on this page and clicking the "Explain" button, it returned
> the following information:
>

> If you run BIND
>

> Paste this into your zone file:
>
> testaloha.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 mx ptr -all"
>

> and
>

> So this should also appear in DNS. You may or may not be in charge of
> the DNS for these entries; if you are, add them.
>
> dfw1-server04.alohaenterprise.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a -all"
>

> However, I am not very clear on where to add the above information.
> Should the above information be added in DNS tree on my DNS server for
> testaloha.com? Does the above information need to be added to the text
> file C:\WINNT\system32\dns\testaloha.com.dns?
>
> Could you please provide specific instructions detailing where the above
> information should be added in DNS?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Jeff Suchomel
> Network Engineer
> Radiant Hospitality Systems, Eservice Division
> 1320 Tennis Drive
> Bedford, Tx. 76022
> Jeffrey.suchomel@radiantsystems.com
> 817-252-9499 ext. 3393 (office)
> 817-313-6748 (mobile)
>

> -------
> Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
> Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your subscription,
> please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
RE: Instructions not clear [ In reply to ]
Jeff you're scaring us.

Re: Instructions not clear [ In reply to ]
You seem to be implying that Bind does not run under NT.
I assure you it does.

Regards, Mike

-------
Re: Instructions not clear [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Bind8 is available for the windows platform an it works pretty nice.

Am Samstag, 11. September 2004 um 01:51 schrieben Sie:

> You seem to be implying that Bind does not run under NT.
> I assure you it does.

> Regards, Mike

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

Merlin Consulting
Martin Schaible
Bahnhofstrasse 27
CH-8702 Zollikon

Phone: +41 1 391 30 00
Fax: +41 1 391 32 49

Mail: mailto:wizard@merlinconsulting.ch
Support: http://support.merlinconsulting.ch

GPS: N47 20.235 E8 34.226
News - Neue Produkte:

.:. Kiwi Syslog Monitor
.:. Paessler GmbH
.:. Sawmill Loganalyzer
Re: Instructions not clear [ In reply to ]
> Bind8 is available for the windows platform an it works pretty nice.

Thats a very old version! I use Bind 9.3.rc4 on some of my Windows 2000
and XP machines. You can download the latest version from the ISC ftp site:
ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind/contrib/

Regards, Mike

-------