Mailing List Archive

SPF-aware Header check showing error
We have SPF setup for our domain lifescript.com.
v=spf1 ip4:66.161.52.0/24 ip4:12.145.46.192/27 a mx a:ilinkmd.com -all

I ran a header check
(http://spftools.infinitepenguins.net/headercheck.php) for an email we
sent from our domain to our test account and this is what we got.

Path Summary

Mail was sent from QUE02.irvine.ilinkmd.com / 66.161.52.222
Mta344.mail.scd.yahoo.com / 66.94.225.239
"It looks like nothing in that set of SMTP hops should have sent the
message from lifescript.com... this message should be considered
suspect!"

RESULT
(for mail from myinnerbeauty@lifescript.com to lifescripttest@yahoo.com)

Worried
------------------------
We have SPF setup for the IP address the mail was sent to and the domain
lifescript.com and ilinkmd.com are included in SPF. Why is the result
showing 'worried' when both domain and the IP match?

Please help!

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
RE: SPF-aware Header check showing error [ In reply to ]
> I ran a header check
> (http://spftools.infinitepenguins.net/headercheck.php) for an
> email we sent from our domain to our test account and this is
> what we got.
>
> We have SPF setup for the IP address the mail was sent to and
> the domain lifescript.com and ilinkmd.com are included in
> SPF. Why is the result showing 'worried' when both domain and
> the IP match?
>
> Please help!

The tool is broken. It says exactly the same thing about mail from one of my
domains, which just has "v=spf1: a -all" as its record.

I also see that this checker works out who the sender is by looking at the
return-path. This is useless if the recipient mail server is running Spam
Assassin, because SA rewrites the return-path and puts the recipient
hostname in it.

This is one of the reasons I don't use Spam Assassin.

-------
RE: SPF-aware Header check showing error [ In reply to ]
When I write "v=spf1: a -all", I do of course mean "v=spf1 a -all". :)

-------
RE: SPF-aware Header check showing error [ In reply to ]
HI,

We are looking for consulting firm for email delivery service. Do you
provide consulting services?

Bob

Robert Cooke
President
Doozy Cards LLC
Bob@Doozycards.com
www.doozycards.com
800 341 1780
Why Send any E-Card? Send Doozy CARDtoons!