Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/
Donate! http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-help@v2.listbox.com
RE: Microsoft DNS [ In reply to ]
>>>Are there step-by-step instructions for setting up Microsoft DNS on
Server 2003 to include a SPF record for a domain?

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=microsoft+dns+spf

-------
RE: Microsoft DNS [ In reply to ]
Well . . . That narrows it down to 14,400 choices. I've been searching
through Google for hours and have added DNS entries 10 different ways,
but any tests I run say "no rule defined." Obviously, I'm doing
something wrong, but there don't seem to be any Microsoft-DNS-specific
examples.

Glen

RE: Microsoft DNS [ In reply to ]
14,100 actually. Anyway...

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spam_senderid.mspx

Did you restart the DNS services after adding the entries?

Re: Microsoft DNS [ In reply to ]
Hmm,

The first thing you test after putting the records in there is: does the
nameserver actually serve these. Use nslookup to check with the
nameserver itself, instead of testing it via some tool that does other
steps and uses third-dns-es. This is basic network debugging if you ask
me..

Koen

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 03:53:18PM -0400, Glen Davis wrote:
> Well . . . That narrows it down to 14,400 choices. I've been searching
> through Google for hours and have added DNS entries 10 different ways,
> but any tests I run say "no rule defined." Obviously, I'm doing
> something wrong, but there don't seem to be any Microsoft-DNS-specific
> examples.
>
> Glen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------
RE: Microsoft DNS [ In reply to ]
Try this one as a starter...

http://spf.pobox.com/dns.html?mydomain=displaypack.com&deny=deny

I too use MS DNS 2000 and I know it's very confusing as to exactly what you
should put in the TXT record. I'm working with my ISP as to what the
contents should be and they are very helpful. Try working with yours if you
can.

>>>Are there step-by-step instructions for setting up Microsoft DNS on
Server 2003 to include a SPF record for a domain?

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=microsoft+dns
+spf

-------
Archives at http://archives.listbox.com/spf-help/current/