recommend you don't do that. My version of bind doesn't accept the zone file that way.

It resulted in the bind error
unknown RR type

Once I removed the leading white space on each line everything was fine.

Thanks
-Jason

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname@©#«Mo\¯HÝÜîU;±¤Ö¤Íµøˆ¡
Re: Your examples have problems with BIND [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 15:54, Jason wrote:
> Problem is, when I added the records into my zone file, I did so using "copy" and "paste" from the website....
>
> I found that the examples you provide have extra white space at the beginning of them. I imagine to make it easier to read them. I
> recommend you don't do that. My version of bind doesn't accept the zone file that way.
>
> It resulted in the bind error
> unknown RR type
>
> Once I removed the leading white space on each line everything was fine.

Rather than using an HTML pre tag with those, a blockquote and a tt
might be better, then most clients should select just the text, and not
the spacing used for indenting, to the clipboard and cut & paste would
work better.

--
Andy Bakun: it's not the size that counts
<abakun@thwartedefforts.org>

-------