Mailing List Archive

Re: [spf-help] New libspf2 release
On Wednesday 15 October 2008 13:35, Jason Frisvold wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > There is (at last) a new libspf2 release. All the patches that I had
> > collected from people were looked at and the issues addressed either
> > by that
> > patch or with an alternative solution (the maintainer had patches from
> > multiple sources and sometimes they overlapped). All of you who
> > contributed,
> > thank you.
>
> I've been running libspf 1.0 for quite a while now. Though,
> apparently, the author of that library up and vanished at some point,
> so it hasn't been updated since 2005 or so. Is libspf2 a drop in
> replacement, or will code need to be altered to fit?

Code does need to be changed to work with it. If you switch, I think you'll
find that libspf2 is slightly more CPU intensive, but it does many more
checks for validity and has a much more robust implementation of processing
limits. I generally recommend migration from libspf to libspf2, particularly
now that libspf2 is being actively maintained again.

Scott K