Mailing List Archive

Mail not getting rejected.
Hi Guys,

I published SPF record for my domain, as given below.
"v=spf1 a mx -all"

And I tried sending mail from Kmail using a different
mail server to my gmail account. But instead of mail
getting rejected, the mail was delivered successfully.

But from email header in my gmail account, I found
this:
" Received-SPF: fail ...... Authentication-Results:
mx.google.com; spf=hardfail ....."

But why was the mail delivered instead of getting
rejected? Can some one help me regarding this?

Re: [spf-help] Mail not getting rejected. [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 25 May 2008 16:45:14 +0100 (BST) Joemon Emmatty
<joemon_1983@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>Hi Guys,
>
>I published SPF record for my domain, as given below.
>"v=spf1 a mx -all"
>
>And I tried sending mail from Kmail using a different
>mail server to my gmail account. But instead of mail
>getting rejected, the mail was delivered successfully.
>

>But from email header in my gmail account, I found
>this:
>" Received-SPF: fail ...... Authentication-Results:
>mx.google.com; spf=hardfail ....."
>
>But why was the mail delivered instead of getting
>rejected? Can some one help me regarding this?

Nothing in the SPF spec mandates rejection. What Google is doing is
perfectly fine from an RFC perspective. It's a matter of local policy. If
you don't like Google's policy, then you'll have to take it up with Google.

Scott K