and some are on domains I have no control over. I use a webmail service
on my server to check all of these accounts when I am away from my own
computer. The problem comes when I want to send an email via webmail
that comes from a domain I have no control over as any SPF records in
place for the domain do not include my server as a valid mail sender for
the domain. Any suggestions?

Josh

-------
Re: Multiple Domains - One Server [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 01 March 2007 06:12, Josh Riordan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a number of email accounts, some of which are on domains I own
> and some are on domains I have no control over. I use a webmail service
> on my server to check all of these accounts when I am away from my own
> computer. The problem comes when I want to send an email via webmail
> that comes from a domain I have no control over as any SPF records in
> place for the domain do not include my server as a valid mail sender for
> the domain. Any suggestions?

One of the fundamental premises of SPF is that domain owners have the right to
decide what are the authorized/legitimate sources of e-mail for their
domains. If the domains are not yours and have SPF records then you really
only have three options:

1. Convince the domain owner to add your server to their list of authorized
servers (their SPF record).

2. Start sending mail from that domain using an authorized server.

3. Stop using the domain.

I expect your success with #1 above will be limited, so you probably need to
decide if you want to do #2 or #3.

Scott K

-------