Roger

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: redirect [ In reply to ]
In <014301c46767$c8e72360$01030101@pamho.net> "Roger Moser" <roger_moser_spf@greenmail.ch> writes:

> At least three SPF implementations (spflib, spflib-alt and SPF-Delphi)
> immediately execute "redirect=..." when encountered (like "include:...").
> This is wrong. The redirection should be done only at the end and only if
> none of the mechanisms matched (see section 5.1 of the specifications). The
> 'redirect' modifier is not position-dependent!

If, by "spflib-alt" you mean libspf-alt (aka libspf2), then yes, that
is a known bug that has been documented since the very first release.
I'm afraid it hasn't been very high on my priority list since in the
1.3 million email domain names, I have found only one (agst.com) that
this breaks on.

-wayne

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: redirect [ In reply to ]
wayne wrote:

> If, by "spflib-alt" you mean libspf-alt (aka libspf2),

Yes, I meant "libspf" and "libspf-alt" (instead of "spflib" and
"spflib-alt").

Roger

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: redirect [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, wayne wrote:

> In <014301c46767$c8e72360$01030101@pamho.net> "Roger Moser" <roger_moser_spf@greenmail.ch> writes:
>
> > At least three SPF implementations (spflib, spflib-alt and SPF-Delphi)
> > immediately execute "redirect=..." when encountered (like "include:...").
> > This is wrong. The redirection should be done only at the end and only if
> > none of the mechanisms matched (see section 5.1 of the specifications). The
> > 'redirect' modifier is not position-dependent!
>
> If, by "spflib-alt" you mean libspf-alt (aka libspf2), then yes, that
> is a known bug that has been documented since the very first release.
> I'm afraid it hasn't been very high on my priority list since in the
> 1.3 million email domain names, I have found only one (agst.com) that
> this breaks on.

Have put this into RT. I have another redirect= bug anyway to look at.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
Robust Sender Policy Framework (SPF) http://www.libspf2.org/