Johan Strand

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: MS smtpsvc [ In reply to ]
In <0AD4DE2DC31C914A81FE604450BE9A8EC483@einstein.johan.homeip.net> <spf-team@strandhuset.net> writes:

> Is there any interest in this group for such a component? If there is I
> am willing to publish it along with the source code.

Yes, I think there would be a lot of interest in such a component.

-wayne

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
SV: MS smtpsvc [ In reply to ]

> Yes, I think there would be a lot of interest in such a component.
>
> -wayne

Great!

This is what is does so far:
- It is a smtp transport event sink implemented as a DLL.
- It is written in C++
- It will parse A, MX, PTR, redirect and ALL mechanisms
- It adds X-headers to the mail describing the rule and the result.

I need to do:
- Macro expansion
- Exist mechanism
- Explain mechanism
- A proper X-SPF-RECEIVED header
- Better error handling, especially for DNS timeouts.
- Listen to anything you have to tell me about errors I have made. (I'm
sure there are several)

Is there a established way this group uses to publish their development
efforts?

/Johan

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: SV: MS smtpsvc [ In reply to ]
In <0AD4DE2DC31C914A81FE604450BE9A8EC484@einstein.johan.homeip.net> <spf-team@strandhuset.net> writes:

> This is what is does so far:
> - It is a smtp transport event sink implemented as a DLL.
> - It is written in C++

I would suggest investigating the libspf and libspf-alt
implemenations. While they are written in C instead of C++, they will
give you a big head start.

See:
http://libspf.org
http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/libspf-alt/

> - Listen to anything you have to tell me about errors I have made. (I'm
> sure there are several)

In order to try and keep all implemenations as compatible as possible,
there is a test suite available. You need to create a compatible
"spfquery" program, which shouldn't be too hard. Then, run the tests
available at:

http://www.midwestcs.com/spf/tests

I should say that the tests are under very active developement and a
new release should be available Any Day Now.

> Is there a established way this group uses to publish their development
> efforts?

Mostly here and on the #libspf channel on irc.pobox.com

-wayne

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
RE: MS smtpsvc [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much as I am very interested in this. I have been
following the discussion of spf but have been unable to contribute as my
servers are all Exchange 2000 and "rolling my own" from scratch is
beyond my abilities. I, too, have a test domain and am very much looking
for the day that this kind of protection is available to Exchange
servers.