Mailing List Archive

Re: [spf-discuss] SPF Server (DMP-style)
We should move this thread to spf-devel.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:56:48AM -0700, administrator@yellowhead.com wrote:
| I am comtemplating writing an SPF Server program to offload some of the
| functionality of SPF from the MTA. It would operate very much in the way
| that a Black List server operates. Queries would be in the form:
|
| 4.214.8.207.v2.listbox.com

This sounds good, but there might be a problem with SPF domains that use
per-user macros like %{l}, so the full query needs to be preserved.

| It would maintain a dynamic cache with a fairly long TTL and respond to DNS
| type queries with:
|
| SPFPass - No Record Found
| SPFFail - 127.0.0.2
| SPFNeutral - 127.0.0.4
| SPFSoftFail - 127.0.0.8
| SPFNone - 127.0.0.16
| SPFUnknown - 127.0.0.16
| SPFError - 127.0.0.32

No record found should be SPFNone, SPFPass should be coded.

| The MTA would then react in whatever manner it would be configured to
| respond. It is already partially developed.

libspf-alt has a binary-format caching mechanism, you might want to look
at that also.

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname@Ë`Ì{5¤¨wâÇSÓ°)h