Mailing List Archive

Release Mail::SRS 0.13 - release candidate 1
I hereby announce the first release candidate of Mail::SRS. It is
available for download at http://www.anarres.org/projects/srs/

Please test this release. Please read the documentation. Please suggest
what is not clear to you so that I can fix it or expand upon it.

Please also run "make teach" and see if the walkthrough is appropriate and
does what you think it ought to do.

Thankyou.

S.

OUTSTANDING BUGS:

= Mail::SRS::DB still has the (unlikely) possibility of a hash collision
in the database. This can and should be fixed.

= Implement a subclass which handles the pobox.com template with all
escaping.
* I think I need to revisit the requirements for this. pobox.com seem to
require escaping. All escaping mechanisms suffer from weaknesses as
discussed on this list. freeside, since you want this reinstated, we're
going to have to discuss how it will sit with the new "neater" rewriting
rules.

= Handle quoted strings.
* Can someone please give me examples?

BUGS fixed since 0.12:

= Rewrite the default compile() and parse() methods in Mail::SRS to do the
shortcutting around middle hops.
* Done in the default Mail::SRS

= Document how this can be gamed/cracked - there are two ways.
* Done at http://www.anarres.org/projects/srs/

= Review the crypto properly.
* I'm fairly sure this is fine now. I will ask some experts.

= Write an SQL backend?
* Removed from TODO list as unnecessary.

= Write a decent DESCRIPTION.
* The old one was good, I've used it and extended it.

= Write an example subclass which limits bounces using MLDBM.
* There is an untested example in the eg/ directory.

= Work out licensing, authorship, etc.
* I believe that I am now responsible for maintenance of this module.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
I am the Borg. http://www.gothnicity.org/