Mailing List Archive

Postfix policy daemon problem
Postfix policy daemon 2.001

The new policy demon, slightly modifien in the action it returns works
fine from the command line but when run frem Postfix gives the
following.

The logging is the same with or without verbose.

perl v5.8.8

postfix 2.3.7-1 on Debian sid

A simmilar policy daemon from last year works fine

Feb 8 14:26:52 athene postfix/smtpd[20012]: connect from
russian-caravan.cloud9.net[168.100.1.4]
Feb 8 14:26:52 athene postfix/spawn[20051]: warning: command
/usr/bin/perl exit status 2
Feb 8 14:26:53 athene postfix/spawn[20051]: warning: command
/usr/bin/perl exit status 2
Feb 8 14:26:53 athene postfix/smtpd[20012]: warning: premature
end-of-input on private/policy-spf while reading input attribute name
Feb 8 14:26:53 athene postfix/smtpd[20012]: warning: problem talking
to server private/policy-spf: Connection reset by peer
Feb 8 14:26:53 athene postfix/smtpd[20012]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
from russian-caravan.cloud9.net[168.100.1.4]: 451 4.3.5 Server
configuration problem; from=<owner-postfix-users@postfix.org>
to=<jam@jamux.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<russian-caravan.cloud9.net>
Feb 8 14:26:53 athene postfix/smtpd[20012]: disconnect from
russian-caravan.cloud9.net[168.100.1.4]

jam

-------
Re: Postfix policy daemon problem [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the report.

Would you please test it again with verbose logging for smtpd that's
calling it (add -v to the end of the relevant master.cf line and stop/start
Postfix) and send me the policy service related logging (or all of it if
you don't want to sort through it) offlist.

Scott K

-------
Re: Postfix policy daemon problem [ In reply to ]

Scott> Thanks for the report. Would you please test it again with
Scott> verbose logging for smtpd that's calling it (add -v to the
Scott> end of the relevant master.cf line and stop/start Postfix)
Scott> and send me the policy service related logging (or all of
Scott> it if you don't want to sort through it) offlist.

You don't want to thank me for that. Verbose smtpd logging showed me
stuff that lead me to a typo in main.cf!

Thanks you for the verbose suggestion. :)

jam

-------