Mailing List Archive

Debian package errors Re: Mail::SPF 2.004

Julian> A minor Mail::SPF update:
Julian> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SPF/

Julian> Debian packages:
Julian> http://files.mehnle.net/software/mail-spf-perl/debian/

On Debian sid with perl v5.8.8.

Using Mail-SPF-2.004.tar.gz

,----[ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b ]
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is mail-spf-perl
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.004
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 2.004
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies:
libnet-dns-resolver-programmable-perl (>= 0.002.1) libnetaddr-ip-perl
(>= 4)
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)
`----

However at <http://packages.debian.org/> the following appear:

,----[ http://tinyurl.com/2f2n42 ]
Package Search Results

You have searched for packages that names contain
libnet-dns-resolver-programmable-perl in all suites, all sections, and
all architectures.

Can't find that package.
`----
,----[ http://tinyurl.com/26p8y6 ]
Package Search Results

You have searched for packages that names contain libnetaddr-ip-perl
in all suites, all sections, and all architectures.

Found 1 matching packages, displaying package 1.
Package libnetaddr-ip-perl

* oldstable (interpreters): Manipulate IP Addresses easily
3.07-1: all
* stable (perl): Manipulate IP Addresses easily
3.14-2: all
* testing (perl): Manipulate IP Addresses easily
3.14-2: all
* unstable (perl): Manipulate IP Addresses easily
3.14-2: all
`----

Using the -d flag to override first complains then fails tests 2, 6-7,
9-10, 12-15 without producing a package.

Using the .deb from files.mehnle.net gets:

,----[ sudo dpkg -i ..../libmail-spf-perl_2.004_all.deb ]
Selecting previously deselected package libmail-spf-perl.
(Reading database ... 145957 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libmail-spf-perl (from .../libmail-spf-perl_2.004_all.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libmail-spf-perl:
libmail-spf-perl depends on libnetaddr-ip-perl (>= 4); however:
Version of libnetaddr-ip-perl on system is 3.14-2.
dpkg: error processing libmail-spf-perl (--install):
libmail-spf-perl
`----

Forcing depends or depends-version did not seem to produce a usable
installation for me, and aptitude reported a "broken package"
regardless.

jam

-------
Re: [spf-discuss] Debian package errors Re: Mail::SPF 2.004 [ In reply to ]
On Monday 05 February 2007 13:40, John A. Martin wrote:

> Julian> A minor Mail::SPF update:
> Julian> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SPF/
>
> Julian> Debian packages:
> Julian> http://files.mehnle.net/software/mail-spf-perl/debian/
>
> On Debian sid with perl v5.8.8.
>
> Using Mail-SPF-2.004.tar.gz
>
> ,----[ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b ]
> dpkg-buildpackage: source package is mail-spf-perl
> dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.004
> dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net>
> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
> dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 2.004
> dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies:
> libnet-dns-resolver-programmable-perl (>= 0.002.1) libnetaddr-ip-perl
> (>= 4)
> dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
> dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)
> `----
Sid does not have either of those packages.

If you look at the bug list for libnetaddr-ip-perl, it appears to me that the
maintainer is asleep at the switch. Newer upstream versions have been out
for a long time.

Julian has not gotten libnet-dns-resolver-programmable-perl into Debian yet.

IIRC, Julian has .debs for both these on his web site. If you prefer to get
them from a repository, they are both in the Ubuntu repository for their next
release. You can get the source packages from the Ubuntu repository by
adding the following to your apt/souces.list:

deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty universe

Additionally, Mail::SPF 2.004 has recently been accepted and should be in that
repository in a few days.

Scott K

-------
Re: [spf-discuss] Debian package errors Re: Mail::SPF 2.004 [ In reply to ]

Scott> On Monday 05 February 2007 13:40, John A. Martin wrote:

Julian> A minor Mail::SPF update:
Julian> http://search.cpan.org/dist/Mail-SPF/

Julian> Debian packages:
Julian> http://files.mehnle.net/software/mail-spf-perl/debian/

>> On Debian sid with perl v5.8.8.
>>
>> Using Mail-SPF-2.004.tar.gz
>>
>> ,----[ fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -b ] dpkg-buildpackage:
>> source package is mail-spf-perl dpkg-buildpackage: source
>> version is 2.004 dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Julian
>> Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture
>> i386 dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 2.004
>> dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies:
>> libnet-dns-resolver-programmable-perl (>= 0.002.1)
>> libnetaddr-ip-perl (>= 4) dpkg-buildpackage: Build
>> dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
>> dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.) `----
Scott> Sid does not have either of those packages.

Scott> IIRC, Julian has .debs for both these on his web site.

And not hard to find once it is known that they must be there.

Thanks for the excellent pointers. Maybe now I can play more easily
with postfix-policyd-spf-perl. :)

jam

-------
Re: Re: Debian package errors Re: Mail::SPF 2.004 [ In reply to ]
On Monday 05 February 2007 14:32, John A. Martin wrote:

> Thanks for the excellent pointers. Maybe now I can play more easily
> with postfix-policyd-spf-perl. :)

Great. I'm planning on bumping the version number to 2.0 and sending
committing the update to Ubuntu tomorrow, so please let me know right away if
you have issues.

Scott K

-------
Re: Debian package errors Re: Mail::SPF 2.004 [ In reply to ]

Scott> On Monday 05 February 2007 14:32, John A. Martin wrote:
>> Thanks for the excellent pointers. Maybe now I can play more
>> easily with postfix-policyd-spf-perl. :)

Scott> Great. I'm planning on bumping the version number to 2.0
Scott> and sending committing the update to Ubuntu tomorrow, so
Scott> please let me know right away if you have issues.

I have done a fair sanity check on it I think, but until I come up
with a way to exploit PASS as before (see <http://tinyurl.com/29of9l>)
I'm not in a position to subject it to live data even as an
experiment.

jam

-------
Re: Debian package errors [ In reply to ]

-------