Mailing List Archive

repeated all mechanism
Does the following record return pass, or permerror?

"v=spf1 all -all"

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>

-------
Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:28:18 -0400 (EDT) "Stuart D. Gathman"
> <stuart@bmsi.com> wrote:
> >Does the following record return pass, or permerror?
> >
> >"v=spf1 all -all"
>
> Unless some finds where it says "only one All" in RFC 4408, it's Pass.

I agree. Another nit for the SPFv3 bug list.

BTW, pyspf flunks every single macro expansion and exp modifer test
I've added. Needs work. I've committed the latest test suite to
the pyspf project - where you can conveniently run it.

Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> >BTW, pyspf flunks every single macro expansion and exp modifer test
> >I've added. Needs work. I've committed the latest test suite to
> >the pyspf project - where you can conveniently run it.

> OK. I hope you've included "Test suite for Dummies" in the package. I
> could handle 'python spf.py' for the built in tests.

You should be ready then for 'python testspf.py' for the test suite.

Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]
<stuart@bmsi.com> wrote:
>Does the following record return pass, or permerror?
>
>"v=spf1 all -all"

Unless some finds where it says "only one All" in RFC 4408, it's Pass.

Scott K

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]

Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 19 September 2006 16:53, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > >BTW, pyspf flunks every single macro expansion and exp modifer test
> > >I've added. Needs work. I've committed the latest test suite to
> > >the pyspf project - where you can conveniently run it.
> >
> > OK. I hope you've included "Test suite for Dummies" in the package. I
> > could handle 'python spf.py' for the built in tests.
>
> You should be ready then for 'python testspf.py' for the test suite.

No, maybe not.

The Python YAML that I have installed (and the only one I can immediately
apt-get) is Syck:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/python/python-syck

Apparently not the one you used:

$ python testspf.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "testspf.py", line 6, in ?
import yaml
ImportError: No module named yaml

Once I survive this experience, I'll add some info to the README in the CVS
version so the documentation will get better.

Which Python YAML did you use? Which version?

Scott K

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 21 September 2006 01:01, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Which Python YAML did you use? Which version?
>
> Scott K

I take it that it was:

http://pyyaml.org/wiki/PyYAML

I got it working now.

Scott K

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: repeated all mechanism [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 19 September 2006 15:44, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> BTW, pyspf flunks every single macro expansion and exp modifer test
> I've added. Needs work. I've committed the latest test suite to
> the pyspf project - where you can conveniently run it.

No longer _ALL_. I fixed one of them.

If you want an example record that makes heavy use of macros to really break
stuff, look here:

gladstonefamily.net. 7200 IN TXT "v=spf1 redirect=spf.%{d}"
spf.gladstonefamily.net. 600 IN TXT "v=spf1 -exists:%{i}.
%{l1r-}.user.%{d} a:charon.gladstonefamily.net a:server.gladstonefamily.net
a:mail.employees.org ?ptr:comcast.net -exists:%{i}.100/86400.rate.%{d} ~all"

This is quite legal. When I set up the validator last year, Philip
Gladstone "helped" me find a lot of issues with the validator setup and iirc
pySPF. AFAICT, pySPF processes this record correctly.

Scott K

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com