Mailing List Archive

SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component (was: Fwd: SPF Record Syntax)

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component (was: Fwd: SPF Record Syntax) [ In reply to ]

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component (was: Fwd: SPF Record Syntax) [ In reply to ]
Am Dienstag, den 27.06.2006, 09:25 +0000 schrieb Julian Mehnle:

> This discussion has become really, really off-topic for spf-webmasters.
> Please follow up to spf-devel.
>
> Monte Hansen wrote:
> > Thanks so much for the tip Wayne. I'll complete my read of the latest
> > RFC before coding any further. Currently, I've ported the SPFJava
> > library/interface to a Windowz COM-ponent. This intended as a baseline
> > learning effort in support of the earlier drafts. I'll refactor it to be
> > RFC compliant, and upon completion of same, would be happy to offer it
> > up (with Neil Murray's blessing) if you think it's worthy.
> >
> > Does anyone have a knee-jerk as to how compliant SPFJava is to the
> > current spec?
>
> It would be great to have a Windows COM implementation of SPF!
>
> The SPFJava project is dead. It is not being developed any further.
> However a fork called jSPF is being developed by Norman Maurer
> <nm@byteaction.de> and Stefano Bagnara <apache@bago.org> (with the
> belssing of Neil Murray) in the context of the Apache James (Java mail
> server) project. AFAIK there has been no release of jSPF yet. Here's
> their svn repo:
>
> Subversion: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/jspf/
> Browse: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/jspf/

Hi guys,

me and Stefano develop the jspf project. There is no "official" release
yet cause our main focus are in the moment to release our next stable
james version ( we both are james comitter also). There also some other
steps todo.. But the code should be ok. Im looking forward for do a
release soon .. Anyway im on ApacheCon the next days so im a bit busy.
But whom are intressed can checkout the svn. It will be our first
release.
Any feedback is welcome

bye
Norman

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component (was: Fwd: SPF Record Syntax) [ In reply to ]
> This discussion has become really, really off-topic for spf-webmasters.
> Please follow up to spf-devel.
Sorry, the web page must have posted it there, I merely replied via my mail
client. Anyhoo, my newsreader found it ;-)

> It would be great to have a Windows COM implementation of SPF!
Great, will post a preview when it get's close.

> The SPFJava project is dead. It is not being developed any further.
> However a fork called jSPF is being developed by Norman Maurer
I see some comments in the forked code, which helps. As for SPFJava, do you
have a feel for how compliant it is to the latest spec? Is it on the right
path?

Monte

Re: Re: SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component (was: Fwd: SPF Record Syntax) [ In reply to ]
Am Dienstag, den 27.06.2006, 17:55 -0700 schrieb Monte Hansen:
> > This discussion has become really, really off-topic for spf-webmasters.
> > Please follow up to spf-devel.
> Sorry, the web page must have posted it there, I merely replied via my mail
> client. Anyhoo, my newsreader found it ;-)
>
> > It would be great to have a Windows COM implementation of SPF!
> Great, will post a preview when it get's close.
>
> > The SPFJava project is dead. It is not being developed any further.
> > However a fork called jSPF is being developed by Norman Maurer
> I see some comments in the forked code, which helps. As for SPFJava, do you
> have a feel for how compliant it is to the latest spec? Is it on the right
> path?

If you want use a java library which is comliant you should use jSPF ;-)
Its build on the latest specs.

bye
Norman

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component [ In reply to ]

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component [ In reply to ]
Point taken. I've plenty of experience with being put to sleep by RFCs ;-).
This effort is to support our Spam Xecutioner product, and it's not worth
anything if not compliant.

Thanks for the tips Julian and Norman!

Re: Re: SPFJava, jSPF, and an SPF Windows COM component [ In reply to ]
Np.. we spend many hours in reading the specs when creating the jSPF
project. We add junit tests based on the current spec and the old spf
testsuite (correct incorrect tests).

Maybe thats a point you are intressted. jSPF will also released under
the asl2, so you will have no license problems..

bye
Norman

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com