Mailing List Archive

libspf2 1.2.5 Issues?
On a new RHEL 4 installation, I've run into a few issues with libspf2
1.2.5 while preparing Exim 4.50.

wget http://www.libspf2.org/spf/libspf2-1.2.5.tar.gz
tar -xzpf libspf2-1.2.5.tar.gz
cd libspf2-1.2.5
./configure
make
make check

The first sign of problems was an array of "make check" failures. See
attached if interested.

Next, the libspf2's "make install" doesn't copy "spf_dns_internal.h":

In file included from /usr/local/include/spf2/spf.h:27,
from spf.h:13,
from exim.h:400,
from exim_dbmbuild.c:33:
/usr/local/include/spf2/spf_server.h:23:30: spf_dns_internal.h: No
such file or directory

I installed it manually:

cp libspf2-1.2.5/src/include/spf_dns_internal.h
/usr/local/include/spf2/

A conflict between "spf_dns.h" and "arpa/nameser.h" still seems to
exist:

In file included from /usr/local/include/spf2/spf_server.h:22,
from /usr/local/include/spf2/spf.h:27,
from spf.h:13,
from exim.h:400,
from exim_dbmbuild.c:33:
/usr/local/include/spf2/spf_dns.h:82: error: conflicting types for
'ns_type'
/usr/include/arpa/nameser.h:302: error: previous declaration of
'ns_type' was here

I commented out the "ns_type" declaration in "spf_dns.h":

/* typedef int ns_type; */

However, Exim 4.50 still won't compile:

gcc -c -O -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-I/usr/local/include/spf2 -I/usr/local/include -I. spf.c
spf.c:18: error: syntax error before "spfcid"
spf.c:18: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a
cast
spf.c:18: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
spf.c:19: error: syntax error before "spfdcid_resolv"
spf.c:19: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a
cast
spf.c:19: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
spf.c:20: error: syntax error before "spfdcid"
spf.c:20: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a
cast
spf.c:20: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

I've CC'd Tom Kistner, who authors "spf.c", for ideas on that one.

Thanks for any feedback!

Rich Sandberg
richs@whidbey.net

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: libspf2 1.2.5 Issues? [ In reply to ]
Hi Andre,

I haven't received any responses yet from my April 27th message, either
from the list, or from the exiscan creator. I ended up compiling
without SPF support.

If you use SpamAssassin, you can try its SPF plugin, but it lacks
functionality of scans at the MTA level and adds more overhead.

Hopefully these kinks will be worked out,

Rich Sandberg
richs@whidbey.net
Whidbey Telecom Network Operations

-------