Mailing List Archive

Another company deploying spf :-)
Looks like this is the latest company to start using spf to make money.

http://www.internetweek.com/allStories/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=50500290&
_loopback=1

They are promoting the publication of spf records.

http://www.ipermitmail.com/products/pricing.shtml

It is essential that we get the new RR type SPF organised and in use really
soon, so that there's not too many to change over from TXT in the future.

It is also essential that we get spfv=1 firmed up completely so that this
type of comapny will have a good experience with it. That's our route to a
de facto standard.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp@idimo.com
ICQ 313355492

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-deployment@v2.listbox.com
Re: Another company deploying spf :-) [ In reply to ]
There is a nother very interesting article at INternetWeek:

http://www.internetweek.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=47902534

How does this effect things with SPF?

Re: Another company deploying spf :-) [ In reply to ]
That's quite old news now. spf continues on it's own and the specification
is being fine-tuned at the moment. A specifiaction has been submitted for
experimental status, and we have 6 months to edit that into what we want.

Basically SPF is alive and well, and working nicely on one-hop e-mails,
which constitute a vast percentage of the internet's e-mail transmissions.

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp@idimo.com
ICQ 313355492

Re: Another company deploying spf :-) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 05:45:36PM +0200, jpinkerton wrote:
> It is also essential that we get spfv=1 firmed up completely so that this
> type of comapny will have a good experience with it. That's our route to a
> de facto standard.

I do hope you wanted to say 'v=spf1' there :)

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------