I wonder...

What's the difference between the conf directory /etc/mail/spamassassin and
the /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin ?

Where is the correct place to put the local.cf file that should be used for
the whole mailsystem, i.e. the global settings? I want to enable Razor2..

Spamassassin is run from Amavis-new, which is run as user vscan that have
its home directory at /var/spool/Amavis.

Anders Norrbring
Re: Lost in configuration jungle... [ In reply to ]
Hi Anders. /etc/mail/spamassassin is the global configuration
directoy. Here is where you would put any .cf files containing any
add-on rules you want to use. /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin is the
amavis-new user's local spamassassin directory. This is where the
bayes database will be held, and you can put a user_prefs file in it.
I personally use this file to make changes to the built-in test scores.

Since you are using amavis-new, all of the global spamassassin
configuration changes (such as enabling network tests and setting the
tag and kill levels) you need to make can be made in /etc/amavis.conf.