Mailing List Archive

Configuring SA
I run SA on a WinNT4 with Exchange 5.5.

I tried running SA with the --lint command, but got the following:

L:\sa>spamassassin
^Z
Cannot open /usr/share/spamassassin/user_prefs.template: No such file or
directory
Failed to create default user preference file C:\Documents and
Settings\JulianM/.spamassassin/user_prefs
No configuration text or files found! Please check your setup.

What do I need to setup in order to get it working?

Regards,

Julian Milano
IT Manager

Davenport Group
79-81 Coppin Street (PO Box 12) Richmond Victoria 3121
Ph : (613) 8416 6666

Limits of Liability and Disclaimer - Davenport Industries is not liable for
any loss, damages, claims, cost demand and expense whatsoever and howsoever
arising in connection with this email transmission. The receiver of this
transmission shall ascertain the accuracy and suitability of this data for
their purposes. Although computer virus scanning software is used by
Davenport Industries, the receiver shall be responsible for their own virus
protection and Davenport Industries shall not be held liable for and
subsequent loss, damage, cost or expense.

This email and any attachment is confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error you are prohibited from disclosing, copying or
using the information contained in it and please inform us by reply email
and delete.
Re: Configuring SA [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 JulianM@davenport-industries.com.au wrote:

> I run SA on a WinNT4 with Exchange 5.5.
>
> I tried running SA with the --lint command, but got the following:
>
> L:\sa>spamassassin
> ^Z
> Cannot open /usr/share/spamassassin/user_prefs.template: No such file or
> directory
> Failed to create default user preference file C:\Documents and
> Settings\JulianM/.spamassassin/user_prefs
> No configuration text or files found! Please check your setup.
>
> What do I need to setup in order to get it working?

havnt seen this yet, but just copy rules/user_prefs.template from your
current spamassassin source tree to that specific location.

regards,
Matthias
RE: Configuring SA [ In reply to ]
Thanks Matthias,

Copied the "sa\ruleset\user_prefs" file to the "C:\Documents and
Settings\JulianM\.spamassassin\" folder and it works.

RE: Configuring SA [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 JulianM@davenport-industries.com.au wrote:

> Thanks Matthias,
>
> Copied the "sa\ruleset\user_prefs" file to the "C:\Documents and
> Settings\JulianM\.spamassassin\" folder and it works.

your welcome,

regards,
Matthias