Mailing List Archive

FW: new rule?
> How does this cope with say a list of names. There are many
> reasons for
> sending out lists of names and I think the rule above would consider
> them spam ?
>
> Ron

What are the chances that a list of names would not include any
punctuation?
Also, as another replier suggested, and as was my original intention,
the rules should be like this:

body SH_bayes_poison_lower_6_4 /(?:[a-z]{4,}\s+){6}/

which will make them match only lowercase. Names would be, usually,
capitalized.
Re: FW: new rule? [ In reply to ]
Hello SRH-Lists,

Monday, March 15, 2004, 7:45:04 AM, you wrote:

>> How does this cope with say a list of names. There are many reasons
>> for sending out lists of names and I think the rule above would
>> consider them spam ?

SL> What are the chances that a list of names would not include any
SL> punctuation?

Chances are poor, but it happens. The one ham I've not been able to
eliminate from this type of rule in my system is one which lists four
dozen userids in sequence, all lower case, no punctuation.

Bob Menschel