I finally managed to get a worjing server...i'm using postfix and
spamassassin...

It scans emails ok but only what i recive....how can i configure the server to spam outgoing mails also and stop sending them if it is spam ?
Re: [Spam] receving is ok but sending ? [ In reply to ]
On Monday 15 March 2004 12:26 am, Evan Platt wrote:

> I'd never recommend that. The ISP I worked at oursourced our e-mail to a
> ISP that did that. We couldn't send spam complaints to other ISP's. We had
> customers unable to send e-mails to their friends, etc. We were furious the
> company we outsourced to did this.

You could have it forward anything that looks like spam to the postmaster, who
can then terminate the account if it really is spam. It would also provide
evidence that the user wasn't being Joe-jobbed, but was the actual sender.

--
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Advanced SPAM filtering software: http://spamassassin.org
Re: [Spam] receving is ok but sending ? [ In reply to ]
At 03:29 PM 3/14/2004, you wrote:
>I finally managed to get a worjing server...i'm using postfix and
>spamassassin...
>
>It scans emails ok but only what i recive....how can i configure the
>server to spam outgoing mails also and stop sending them if it is spam ?

I'd never recommend that. The ISP I worked at oursourced our e-mail to a
ISP that did that. We couldn't send spam complaints to other ISP's. We had
customers unable to send e-mails to their friends, etc. We were furious the
company we outsourced to did this.

Having said that, there's no capabilities in SpamAssassin to 'stop'
messages, so if no one here has any hints, your next bet would be to look
to a postfix group. I know postfix to the extent that I know Egyptian
Hyroglyphics, so unfortunately I can't help you there.

Good luck.

Evan
Re: [Spam] receving is ok but sending ? [ In reply to ]
At 08:43 AM 3/14/2004, you wrote:
> > I'd never recommend that. The ISP I worked at oursourced our e-mail to a
> > ISP that did that. We couldn't send spam complaints to other ISP's. We had
> > customers unable to send e-mails to their friends, etc. We were furious the
> > company we outsourced to did this.
>
>You could have it forward anything that looks like spam to the postmaster,
>who
>can then terminate the account if it really is spam. It would also provide
>evidence that the user wasn't being Joe-jobbed, but was the actual sender.

Sorry, maybe what I said was confusing. I used to work at an ISP. We
outsourced all e-mail to a 3rd party - incoming and outgoing. When we get
spam, and attempted to forward it to postmaster@<offendingISP>, it would
get kicked back to us as their outgoing server checked messages as possible
SPAM, and we were literally sending spam.
Our customers attempted to send messages that for some reason got marked as
spam and were "Returned Undeliverable" (no reason). A majority of Asia was
blacklisted - a few of our customers have factories in China and were
unable to e-mail their factory

They had no workaround - we had to put back in place our old e-mail server
to allow customers to use it for outgoing e-mails.

Evan