Mailing List Archive

detect metacharacters in subject
I am trying to create a rule that will detect metacharacters in the subject.
I want each metacharacter , this sign actually: "|" to count as .3 or
something.
How would I code this rule?

Not sure how to do a match on each instance of the metacharacter.
So the rule can be applied more then once.

Would normal mail every have this?

To get you started here is the skeleton of the rule:
header METACHARACTERS1 Subject =~ /\|/i
describe METACHARACTERS2 Subject: Subject has unusual metacharacters.
score METACHARACTERS .3

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering