m4 coded needed to make a DNSWL work. No if I could only compile my own
list of good MTAs from ISPs across the land I would be in heaven.

james
Re: OT: web-o-trust.org [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:30:05PM -0600, James Nelson wrote:
> I like the idea of SPF, but hate all the proposed implementations. I have
> always been in favor of an MTA registry that would be able to produce a
> policed DNSWL that we could use.
>
> In doing some searching today, I came across web-o-trust.org. Have any of
> you looked at them or are currently using them?
>
> The nicest thing I noticed write away, is that they have already created the
> m4 coded needed to make a DNSWL work. No if I could only compile my own
> list of good MTAs from ISPs across the land I would be in heaven.

There are proposals out there that offer this sort of WL without a
centralized repository for the data.

--
Mark C. Langston Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark@bitshift.org mark@seti.org
> There are proposals out there that offer this sort of WL without a
> centralized repository for the data.

Yes, but a centralized system is what is required in my opinion for maximum
effectiveness.
Re: OT: web-o-trust.org [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 03:00:50PM -0600, James Nelson wrote:

> [...]

And a centralized system provides:

1) A single target
2) A single point of failure
3) A "who watches the watchers" problem regarding trust in the
centralized authority
4) Any number of other issues I could have any given cypherpunk rattle
on for hours about, rather vehemently.

Re: OT: web-o-trust.org [ In reply to ]
Mark C. Langston <mark@bitshift.org> wrote:
>> Yes, but a centralized system is what is required in my opinion for
>> maximum effectiveness.
>
> And a centralized system provides:
>
> 1) A single target
> 2) A single point of failure
> 3) A "who watches the watchers" problem regarding trust in the
> centralized authority
> 4) Any number of other issues I could have any given cypherpunk rattle
> on for hours about, rather vehemently.

It's good to see we can find agreement about somethings! ;-)

--

Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes@tamu.edu Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University