Mailing List Archive

spamd -m values?
In an effort to keep spamd from running away with the system, I wanted
to limit the max number of processes using the -m flag. Trouble is, I
don't really know what a good value is. Or even really if I need to.
Should I just forget -m until I see a problem, or should I just toss a
-m 16 in the startup for good measure?

Currently my server is seeing about 5,000 messages a day, 60-80% of
which are rejected (75% today, 64% for the last 8 days), however, I am
expecting the mail volume to triple over the next month or so as I add
some ecommerce websites.

--
<Athene> we all have our moments when we lose it
<Slyspy> the key is though, to conceal the evidence before the police