Bowes Publishers Limited
(519) 471-8320 x248
Mon-Fri 10:00AM-6:00PM
Re: Is there simply no answer to this question? [ In reply to ]
At 12:47 PM 3/4/2004, Michael Dengler wrote:
>Is it possible to tag ALL mails with their spam score regardless of if
>they meet the spam threshold or not?
>
>I've tried many many ways to get this to happen...but so far no luck.

How are you calling SA?

If you're using the spamassassin command line, use the -t parameter. This
puts SA into "test" mode, where it will tag everything that comes into it.
It will still report the correct score and threshold, but it will declare
it spam even if the score is below the threshold.
RE: Is there simply no answer to this question? [ In reply to ]
You could always add it to the headers by:

add_header all My-Spam-Score =_HITS_

see man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf for more info.

Mike

Is it possible to tag ALL mails with their spam score regardless of if
they meet the spam threshold or not?

I've tried many many ways to get this to happen...but so far no luck.

Help!

Mike

--
Michael Dengler
Programmer/Analyst
Re: Is there simply no answer to this question? [ In reply to ]
Michael Dengler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (amavisd-new, SA 2.63)
>
> Is it possible to tag ALL mails with their spam score regardless of if
> they meet the spam threshold or not?
>
> I've tried many many ways to get this to happen...but so far no luck.

just set the threshold in your amavisd.conf to "-999"
that will do the job.

ralf
Re: Is there simply no answer to this question? [ In reply to ]
At 12:47 PM 3/4/2004, Michael Dengler wrote:
>Hi,
>
>(amavisd-new, SA 2.63)
>
>Is it possible to tag ALL mails with their spam score regardless of if
>they meet the spam threshold or not?
>
>I've tried many many ways to get this to happen...but so far no luck.
>
>Help!

I just re-read your earlier post.. you're using amavisd-new.

No amount of configuration of SA will change the way mail is tagged.
Amavisd does NOT use sa's message tagging, it only uses it's score and report.

Thus, in order to tag everything under amavisd-new, you'll have to ask the
amavisd-new people.
Re: Is there simply no answer to this question? [ In reply to ]
Re: [spa] Is there simply no answer to this question? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Michael Dengler wrote:
> Is it possible to tag ALL mails with their spam score regardless of if
> they meet the spam threshold or not?
> I've tried many many ways to get this to happen...but so far no luck.

In procmail, after you run spamc....

# First, delete (or spamfolder) mail tagged by spamassassin:
:0
* ^Subject:.*\[SPAM DELETE\]
/dev/null

# For mail that is ham (Status = "no")
# And the user has configured their SA to tag ham (test ...)
# extract the hits from the header....
:0fw
* ? test -e $HOME/.mailfilter.tagsubject
* ^Subject: \/.*
| formail -I"Subject: [$HITS] $MATCH"
}

NOTES: This code is part of a system that permits users to configure their
spamassassin to merely TAG spam subjects or DELETE spam.
Subject: [SPAM DELETE] yada -OR- Subject: [SPAM 47.6] yada
Our users also have the option of tagging or not tagging the ham as a
separate choice. Hence the test for '.mailfilter.tagsubject' as a flag.
Subject: [3.5] yada

Hopefully this explains the 'logic' above. :-)

- Charles
> > Is it possible to tag ALL mails with their spam score
> regardless of if
> > they meet the spam threshold or not?
> >
> > I've tried many many ways to get this to happen...but so
> far no luck.
> >

> just set the threshold in your amavisd.conf to "-999"
> that will do the job.
>

> ralf

For amavisd-new here is the line you should change:
$sa_tag_level_deflt = 0.001; # add spam info headers if at, or above
that level

Try what Ralf said to do...
$sa_tag_level_deflt = -999;

Also, if you are running amavisd-new chrooted, you may have to update
both copies of amavisd.conf
/etc/amavisd.conf
/var/amavisd/etc/amavisd.conf

Then restart the amavisd service.

HTH,
matt
Re: Is there simply no answer to this question? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 13:19, Justin Mason wrote:

--
Michael Dengler
Programmer/Analyst