Mailing List Archive

Custom Rule sets--How do I test them??
Hi,

I'm using Mail::Spamassassin 2.63 with amavisd-new.

I've dropped the bigevil ruleset in /etc/mail/spamassassin and restarted
amavisd-new.

So.....how do I test to see if the rules are actually being used?

I looked in the bigevil.cf and constructed a mail that should match 3 of
the rules for a score of 9 which should be blocked....BUT...it gets
through...grrrrrrrr.

Also, I have tried and tried (oh how I've tried!) to get SA to tag ALL
mails with the their spam score (both spam and ham) but it seems to be
an impossible task...

Any Help?

Thanks

Mike

--
Michael Dengler
Programmer/Analyst
Re: Custom Rule sets--How do I test them?? [ In reply to ]
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Mail::Spamassassin 2.63 with amavisd-new.
>
> I've dropped the bigevil ruleset in /etc/mail/spamassassin and restarted
> amavisd-new.
>
> So.....how do I test to see if the rules are actually being used?
>
> I looked in the bigevil.cf and constructed a mail that should match 3 of
> the rules for a score of 9 which should be blocked....BUT...it gets
> through...grrrrrrrr.
>
> Also, I have tried and tried (oh how I've tried!) to get SA to tag ALL
> mails with the their spam score (both spam and ham) but it seems to be
> an impossible task...
>
> Any Help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Dengler
> Programmer/Analyst
> Bowes Publishers Limited
> (519) 471-8320 x248
> Mon-Fri 10:00AM-6:00PM

Hi Mike,
Are you running amavisd-new in a chroot jail? If so make sure that you
also copy the rules to your chroot location, i.e.
/var/amavisd/etc/mail/spamassassin then restart amavisd-new.

Also the same issue could be the cause of amavisd-new not adding headers
to all emails, if you changed the /etc/amavisd.conf file, you may need to
copy the changed amavisd.conf file to the chroot location as well.

HTH,
matt