Created user preferences file: /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: describe LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE

Do I need to tab betwwen entrys?

Re: RE Rule write error [ In reply to ]
Do you have an empty line after the last line? Perhaps that is throwing you out.

Danie
describe LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE My test rule

I get this error
[root@secure root]# spamassassin --lint
Created user preferences file: /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: describe LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE

Do I need to tab betwwen entrys?

Yahoo! Search - Find what you're looking for faster.
Re: RE Rule write error [ In reply to ]
At 09:01 PM 3/1/04 -0800, Ed BK wrote:
>I have a test rule that is not working
>
>body LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE /test/
>score LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE 5.0
>describe LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE My test rule
>
>I get this error
>[root@secure root]# spamassassin --lint
>Created user preferences file: /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs
>Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping: describe
>LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE

Well, from the sounds of it, SA is having trouble with your describe
command. However, to be absolutely sure that line is the problem (and not
an unterminated regex elsewhere) comment out the describe line with a # and
re-run spamassassin --lint.

body LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE /test/
score LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE 5.0
#describe LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_RULE My test rule

If the error goes away, look for problems on the describe line.. are you
sure describe is spelled right? (I assume it is, but I have no way of
knowing if your mailclient corrected the spelling for you)

Also be sure to check your end-of-line formats.. if you created the file
with windows notepad, you'll have to convert the EOL format before using it
on a unix machine.