Mailing List Archive

Writting to subject problem
I created a file called local.cf placed it in /etc/mail/spamassassin/
EXAMPLE
# How many hits before a message is considered spam.
required_hits 4.0
# Whether to change the subject of suspected spam
rewrite_subject 1
# Text to prepend to subject if rewrite_subject is used
subject_tag *****SPAM*****

Yet when a spam messages hits over 5.0 it doesn't write spam in the subject
but when I edit /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
my $spamc_subject=''; TO my $spamc_subject='*** SPAM ***';
all spam now show '*** SPAM ***''*** SPAM ***' in the subject

after I edit these to files I did run the below cmd's to add the changes
service spamassassin restart (SA)
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl -g (QM

Thanks
Ed

PS Are these the only two files relating to the subject write?
could there be somthing before over writting the local.cf?
everything else is the default install and never touched anything else