Does anyone know of a plugin for content modification? an example, i want to change the word 'sex'   for '---'
Thanks in adavance,
Pedro.
Re: Plugin fo content modification [ In reply to ]
On 19.02.24 12:37, Pedro David Marco via users wrote:
>Does anyone know of a plugin for content modification?

SpamAssassin detects spam, it is not designed to tho content modification.

> an example, i want to change the word 'sex'? ?for '---'? ?

Anyway, this is a bad idea, for example you can cause changing middlesex to
middle--- or sextant to ---tant. You would also invalidate DKIM signatures.

Try avoiding this clbuttic problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem

Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
Re: Plugin fo content modification [ In reply to ]
Yea Mattus, thanks....  i know it very well.... just wondering whether someone tried it before or not via plugins...
Thanks again!
Pedro.

Re: Plugin fo content modification [ In reply to ]
On 19.02.24 12:47, Pedro David Marco via users wrote:
> Yea Mattus, thanks....? i know it very well.... just wondering whether someone tried it before or not via plugins...

not with spamassassin.

Perhaps filters like amavis, mimedefang, milter-regex or similar support
this.

> On Monday, February 19, 2024 at 01:42:46 PM GMT+1, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>
> On 19.02.24 12:37, Pedro David Marco via users wrote:
>>Does anyone know of a plugin for content modification?
>
>SpamAssassin detects spam, it is not designed to tho content modification.
>
>> an example, i want to change the word 'sex'? ?for '---'? ?
>
>Anyway, this is a bad idea, for example you can cause changing middlesex to
>middle--- or sextant to ---tant. You would also invalidate DKIM signatures.
>
>Try avoiding this clbuttic problem.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scunthorpe_problem

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm
Re: Plugin fo content modification [ In reply to ]
On 2024-02-19 at 07:37:03 UTC-0500 (Mon, 19 Feb 2024 12:37:03 +0000
(UTC))
Pedro David Marco via users <pedrod_marco@yahoo.com>
is rumored to have said:

> Hi everybody...
> Does anyone know of a plugin for content modification?

Such a thing is not possible in SA, because SA has no mechanism for
arbitrary content modification. When used in a milter like MIMEDefang or
MailMunge, SA doesn't even do any header mods itself but rather relies
on the milter to do it.

> an example, i want to change the word 'sex'   for '---'

As others have said: substring replacement in email is an unwise tactic
that proved its utter uselessness in the '90s.

Aside from the fact that this would do active damage to the
comprehensibility of some perfectly legitimate messages, it would
invalidate any sort of authenticating signature (DKIM, PGP, S/MIME,
whatever)

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire