code emails? Would that require using image detection? Perhaps instead it's
a database of known malicious QR codes?

Has anyone even really seen any?
Re: QR code phish? [ In reply to ]
Hi Alex, we are definitely seeing them.  There is code in trunk for this
with one of the plugins and rules in the KAM ruleset using the new
code.  LMK if you need more info.

--
Kevin A. McGrail
KMcGrail@Apache.org

Member, Apache Software Foundation
Re: QR code phish? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 5:01?PM Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Alex, we are definitely seeing them. There is code in trunk for this
> with one of the plugins and rules in the KAM ruleset using the new
> code. LMK if you need more info.

It looks like it's tied to the Raptor service and the ExtractText plugin.
Do you have more details on doing that?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: QR code phish? [ In reply to ]
On 2/4/24 18:56, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 5:01?PM Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org <mailto:kmcgrail@apache.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex, we are definitely seeing them.  There is code in trunk for this
> with one of the plugins and rules in the KAM ruleset using the new
> code.  LMK if you need more info.
>

> It looks like it's tied to the Raptor service and the ExtractText plugin. Do you have more details on doing that?

you can configure ExtractText to run zbarimg(1) to extract uris from QR codes.
zbarimg(1) is available at https://zbar.sf.net or packaged on many OS.
If you do not use any other ExtractText config line for image file types, zbarimg(1) can be configured on SpamAssassin 4.0 as well.

Regards
Giovanni
Re: QR code phish? [ In reply to ]

On 05.02.24 08:31, giovanni@paclan.it wrote:
>you can configure ExtractText to run zbarimg(1) to extract uris from QR codes.
>zbarimg(1) is available at https://zbar.sf.net or packaged on many OS.

in Debian (I assume Ubuntu as well) it's in the zbar-tools package

>If you do not use any other ExtractText config line for image file types, zbarimg(1) can be configured on SpamAssassin 4.0 as well.

what if you do?

does ExtractText only run one of configured programs for the same type of
file?

A day without sunshine is like, night.
Re: QR code phish? [ In reply to ]
On 2/5/24 09:49, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 5:01?PM Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org <mailto:kmcgrail@apache.org>> wrote:
>>>    Hi Alex, we are definitely seeing them.  There is code in trunk for this
>>>    with one of the plugins and rules in the KAM ruleset using the new
>>>    code.  LMK if you need more info.
>
>> On 2/4/24 18:56, Alex wrote:
>>> It looks like it's tied to the Raptor service and the ExtractText plugin. Do you have more details on doing that?
>
> On 05.02.24 08:31, giovanni@paclan.it wrote:
>> you can configure ExtractText to run zbarimg(1) to extract uris from QR codes.
>> zbarimg(1) is available at https://zbar.sf.net or packaged on many OS.
>
> in Debian (I assume Ubuntu as well) it's in the zbar-tools package
>
>> If you do not use any other ExtractText config line for image file types, zbarimg(1) can be configured on SpamAssassin 4.0 as well.
>
> what if you do?
>
> does ExtractText only run one of configured programs for the same type of file?

Exactly, ExtractText only run the first configured program for the same type of file.
Giovanni
Re: QR code phish? [ In reply to ]

On 05.02.24 12:14, giovanni@paclan.it wrote:
>Exactly, ExtractText only run the first configured program for the same type of file.

That's unfortunate, I already use it for OCR.

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".