Mailing List Archive

[UPDATE] Changes to Validity Reputation Data Through DNS
Hello SA Community,

Following is an update on the changes at Validity regarding public query
access for reputation data in DNS. We're finalizing the implementation in
SA to enable this. As with Spamhaus DQS, we'll use the response code
127.255.255.255 to indicate excessive querying. Any questions and/or
feedback, LMK.

Thanks,

Tom

Dear SpamAssassin user,

We wanted to send you a quick reminder of the upcoming changes to accessing
Validity reputation data through DNS.

Starting March 1, 2024, we will allow up to 10,000 requests per user over a
30-day time period. After the 10,000 requests, users must create a
MyValidity account to continue using this free service. Upon the creation
of a MyValidity account, you will receive continued access to queries
through Spam Assassin

Sign up for an account <https://my.validity.com/zone/sign-up>

If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ here
<https://knowledge.validity.com/hc/en-us/articles/20961730681243/>.

Best regards,

Validity Data Services

--
Phone: 303.517.9655
Website: https://bartelphoto.com

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for
others?'" - Martin Luther King Jr.
Re: [UPDATE] Changes to Validity Reputation Data Through DNS [ In reply to ]
Tom Bartel <tom.bartel@gmail.com> writes:

> Starting March 1, 2024, we will allow up to 10,000 requests per user over a
> 30-day time period. After the 10,000 requests, users must create a
> MyValidity account to continue using this free service. Upon the creation
> of a MyValidity account, you will receive continued access to queries
> through Spam Assassin

If a person doesn't have an account, what does "user" mean? If what you
really mean is "10000 requests from a given IP address over a 30-day
period" (which seems fine) then just say that.
Re: [UPDATE] Changes to Validity Reputation Data Through DNS [ In reply to ]
Tom,

Tom Bartel <tom.bartel@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello SA Community,
>
> Following is an update on the changes at Validity regarding public query
> access for reputation data in DNS. We're finalizing the implementation in SA
> to enable this. As with Spamhaus DQS, we'll use the response code
> 127.255.255.255 to indicate excessive querying. Any questions and/or
> feedback, LMK.

How/where to find information about using Validity reputation list in
SA?

Thank you,

Olivier
Re: [UPDATE] Changes to Validity Reputation Data Through DNS [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 6:53?PM Greg Troxel <gdt@lexort.com> wrote:

> Tom Bartel <tom.bartel@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Starting March 1, 2024, we will allow up to 10,000 requests per user
> over a
> > 30-day time period. After the 10,000 requests, users must create a
> > MyValidity account to continue using this free service. Upon the creation
> > of a MyValidity account, you will receive continued access to queries
> > through Spam Assassin
>

> If a person doesn't have an account, what does "user" mean? If what you
> really mean is "10000 requests from a given IP address over a 30-day
> period" (which seems fine) then just say that.

Yes that is what we really mean, I'll update our verbiage accordingly.
Thanks for the clarification!

Tom