can tell it which of those emails to not place into the spam folder for
the specific email client. Until it gradually learns which emails are
spam and which are not.

I've done a little research and I have access with my distribution to a
mail directory as well as the local.cf file for which configurations are
for Spam Assassin but I don't know how to setup what I mentioned above ?

Thank You

Christopher
Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
On 27.12.23 16:53, FalconChristopher wrote:
>Hi, I want to setup Spam Assassin so that any email that Spam Assassin
>flags as spam

this is spamassassin's job

> gets placed into a folder for a specific SMTP or IMAP email account.

this is not spamassassin's job.
It's job of mail delivery agent - procmail, maildrop, sieve

> Then if Spam Assassin flags emails that are not spam I
>can tell it which of those emails to not place into the spam folder
>for the specific email client. Until it gradually learns which emails
>are spam and which are not.

dovecot (imap/pop3 server) has plugins that support training of spam/ham,
if you move the mail from/to spam folder.

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/spam_reporting/

>I've done a little research and I have access with my distribution to
>a mail directory as well as the local.cf file for which configurations
>are for Spam Assassin but I don't know how to setup what I mentioned
>above ?

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.
Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
Anyone know how I can check and setup SpamAssassin so that I can
eliminate some spam from coming in from a email account ?

Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
You can create rule something like this

header BLOCK_EMAIL From:addr =~ /user\@domain\.com/
describe BLOCK_EMAIL Block email
score BLOCK_EMAIL 5.00

Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
On 29.12.23 22:08, FalconChristopher wrote:
>Anyone know how I can check and setup SpamAssassin so that I can
>eliminate some spam from coming in from a email account ?

do you mean if one of your users started spamming out?

>On 12/28/2023 2:24 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>On 27.12.23 16:53, FalconChristopher wrote:
>>>Hi, I want to setup Spam Assassin so that any email that Spam
>>>Assassin flags as spam
>>
>>this is spamassassin's job
>>
>>>gets placed into a folder for a specific SMTP or IMAP email account.
>>
>>this is not spamassassin's job.
>>It's job of mail delivery agent - procmail, maildrop, sieve
>>
>>>Then if Spam Assassin flags emails that are not spam I can tell it
>>>which of those emails to not place into the spam folder for the
>>>specific email client. Until it gradually learns which emails are
>>>spam and which are not.
>>
>>dovecot (imap/pop3 server) has plugins that support training of
>>spam/ham, if you move the mail from/to spam folder.
>>
>>https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/spam_reporting/
>>
>>>I've done a little research and I have access with my distribution
>>>to a mail directory as well as the local.cf file for which
>>>configurations are for Spam Assassin but I don't know how to setup
>>>what I mentioned above ?

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm
Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
Can you ban this user in whatever your equivalent of the access file is so instead of putting the messages into a spam folder, you reject messages from that address at delivery time (SMTP)?

Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
Hi, can I not ask how to set up Spam Assassin in this mailing group it
is a group for Spam Assassin.

Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 30 December 2023 at 11:48:30, FalconChristopher wrote:

> Hi, can I not ask how to set up Spam Assassin in this mailing group it
> is a group for Spam Assassin.

That comment was a recommendation of how you can achieve what you want to.

> On 12/30/2023 4:30 AM, Michael Grant wrote:
> > Can you ban this user in whatever your equivalent of the access file
> > is so instead of putting the messages into a spam folder, you reject
> > messages from that address at delivery time (SMTP)?

Antony.

--
Users don't know what they want until they see what they get.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
The comment by Michael Grant ?

Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
SpamAssassin cannot block or eliminate spam. It does not have the facilities to do that. SA can only score potential spam.

Whatever method you used to glue SA into your mail path needs to parse the score SA assigned in the returned mail, and do whatever routing it thinks is appropriate.

We do not know what glue you are using to put SA into your mail path, so it is hard to give suggestions on how to set that unknown software up. With more details of your setup we may be able to help.

We can suggest rules to assign a score to mail if it comes from a particular account. But something other than SA will then have to deal with that score and do the routing.

Anyone know how I can check and setup SpamAssassin so that I can eliminate some spam from coming in from a email account ? On 12/28/2023 2:24 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote: > On 27.12.23 16:53, Fal Sangu verification:
? No issues found, please report it if otherwise

Request analyst action Verified by Sangu

Re: Beginner Setting up Spam Assassin [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 30 December 2023 at 11:54:33, FalconChristopher wrote:

> The comment by Michael Grant ?

Yes, the comment I quoted below. He is suggesting how you can deal with this
problematic user you want to "eliminate spam coming in from".

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

- Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.