I'm sorry for posting that.

--
Thomas
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 02 August 2023 at 21:39:31, Thomas Cameron via users wrote:

> I was notified privately that Reindl Harald is blocked on this list. I
> replied to him and accidentally polluted the list with more of his
> toxicity. I apologize, and I've blocked him on my mail server, as well.

We've all had to learn about him (sometimes on several lists) at some time or
other. Thanks for the apology, but his attitude is his own, and you've done
nothing to cause that. He responds to almost everybody in the same anti-
social (to put it mildly) manner.

Don't worry about it - just carry on with talking to reasonable people
instead.

Antony.

--
If you were ploughing a field, which would you rather use - two strong oxen or
1024 chickens?

- Seymour Cray, pioneer of supercomputing

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
> I've blocked him on my mail server, as well.

Reindl now and then says something useful, but as you have noticed his
people skills are somewhere in the negative 200 score level. I don't know
that I'd block him, but you do need to take anything he says witha few
horselicks of salt.
RE: My apologies [ In reply to ]

> > I've blocked him on my mail server, as well.
>
> Reindl now and then says something useful, but as you have noticed his
> people skills are somewhere in the negative 200 score level. I don't
> know
> that I'd block him, but you do need to take anything he says witha few
> horselicks of salt.

I like Reindl!!!!! Is anyone training spamassassin on his emails??? ;P
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
Thomas Cameron via users skrev den 2023-08-02 21:39:

> I'm sorry for posting that.

i just maked a sieve autoreader, so i don't need to read it self, good
or bad, i don't know :)

no need to sorry loosing mail imho
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
Marc skrev den 2023-08-02 22:23:

> I like Reindl!!!!! Is anyone training spamassassin on his emails??? ;P

why ?, if its good for bayes, why should it be bad at all for humans
then ?
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
On 2023-08-02 15:49, Loren Wilton wrote:
>> I've blocked him on my mail server, as well.
>
> I don't
> know that I'd block him, but you do need to take anything he says
> witha few horselicks of salt.

I (who have almost nothing to contribute to Spamassassin itself, other
than being a user) think he should be blocked. I've been online for
over 40 years, and it's rare to have someone so actively hostile right
out of the gate -- I admit, it made me worried what kind of environment
was fostered on the Spamassassin list when I asked my newbie question,
and was outright mocked by him. And so, while I have zero sway as a
team member or anything like that, as a newbie mailing list member,
looking for help, I humbly submit that he's not someone you want being
the first interaction a new list member has.

$.02, YMMV, etc.

-Ken
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 3 Aug 2023, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> On 2023-08-02 15:49, Loren Wilton wrote:
>>> I've blocked him on my mail server, as well.
>>
>> I don't
>> know that I'd block him, but you do need to take anything he says
>> witha few horselicks of salt.
>
> I (who have almost nothing to contribute to Spamassassin itself, other than
> being a user) think he should be blocked.

He was voted off the list a few years ago. That does not prevent him from
reading and replying to list posts.

> I've been online for over 40
> years, and it's rare to have someone so actively hostile right out of the
> gate --

Agreed.

> I admit, it made me worried what kind of environment was fostered on
> the Spamassassin list when I asked my newbie question, and was outright
> mocked by him.

That sort of behavior is why he was banned.

> And so, while I have zero sway as a team member or anything
> like that, as a newbie mailing list member, looking for help, I humbly submit
> that he's not someone you want being the first interaction a new list member
> has.

Sadly, we cannot control that.

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
How do you argue with people to whom math is an opinion? -- Unknown
Tomorrow: the 288th anniversary of John Peter Zenger's acquittal
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
Having myself been through what Thomas is appologizing for, I have some
comments on what Reindl H. is doing.

On 8/3/23 3:06?PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> I ... think he should be blocked.

He /is/ blocked from from sending messages to / through the mailing list.

> I've been online for over 40 years, and it's rare to have someone so
> actively hostile right out of the gate

Here's the thing. He is sending his reply /around/ the list --
apparently -- so that it looks like his messages came from the list.

So his behavior is -- in my opinion -- both hostile and deceptive.

> I admit, it made me worried what kind of environment was fostered
> on the Spamassassin list when I asked my newbie question, and was
> outright mocked by him.

I think that reaction is perfectly understandable.

I'm sorry that someone made you feel that way about the SpamAssassin
users mailing list / community.

I hope that you realize that he is in the minority and doesn't speak for
the vast majority of us.

> And so, while I have zero sway as a team member or anything like that,
> as a newbie mailing list member, looking for help, I humbly submit
> that he's not someone you want being the first interaction a new list
> member has.

Agreed.

> $.02, YMMV, etc.

:-)

Grant. . . .
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
* Grant Taylor via users:

> He /is/ blocked from from sending messages to / through the mailing
> list.

This is also what happened to him on the Postfix mailing list, and
rightly so. It has been many years.

> Here's the thing. He is sending his reply /around/ the list --
> apparently -- so that it looks like his messages came from the list.

Well, that is what local mail killfiles are for. The world is sadly full
of morons, but one does not necessarily have to accept mail from them.

-Ralph
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
On 8/5/23 8:04?AM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> Well, that is what local mail killfiles are for. The world is sadly
> full of morons, but one does not necessarily have to accept mail
> from them.

Agreed.

The catch is that he keeps tripping up people that have not had the ...
experience of dealing with him and thus have not ... quieted him yet.

Grant. . . .
Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
Reindl is the definition of something I learned decades ago as an energy
creature.

DNFTEC is an acronym to live by. Suggested reading:
http://www.cryonet.org/cgi-bin/dsp.cgi?msg=6284

KAM

Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
> On Aug 5, 2023, at 2:51 PM, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Reindl is the definition of something I learned decades ago as an energy creature.
>
> DNFTEC is an acronym to live by. Suggested reading: http://www.cryonet.org/cgi-bin/dsp.cgi?msg=6284

You might enjoy this clip from "What We Do In the Shadows", which tells the story of a house full of vampires living in Staten Island. Colin Robinson, featured in this clip, is a special vampire: he's an "Energy Vampire" who sometimes needs to "feed" on the internet...

Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
> On Aug 5, 2023, at 3:09 PM, Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 5, 2023, at 2:51 PM, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgrail@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Reindl is the definition of something I learned decades ago as an energy creature.
>>
>> DNFTEC is an acronym to live by. Suggested reading: http://www.cryonet.org/cgi-bin/dsp.cgi?msg=6284
>
> You might enjoy this clip from "What We Do In the Shadows", which tells the story of a house full of vampires living in Staten Island. Colin Robinson, featured in this clip, is a special vampire: he's an "Energy Vampire" who sometimes needs to "feed" on the internet...

Oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A7BLMA1LIw

Re: My apologies [ In reply to ]
It is like a  man that goes to a bookstore and asks: "Do you have books on how to make friends, you fucking clerk?"
:-DDDD
Pedro.
(Sorry for the ugly word)