Mailing List Archive

RedHat Rules in RPM discussion was Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache SpamAssassin 4.0.0 available
The SpamAssassin has published a rules file for eons along with
releases, e.g. the bolded part of the release:

Released version, 4.0.0

    SpamAssassin in tar.gz format. (signatures: GPG SHA-256 SHA-512)
    SpamAssassin in tar.bz2 format. (signatures: GPG SHA-256 SHA-512)
    SpamAssassin in ZIP format. (signatures: GPG SHA-256 SHA-512)
    Announcement, Detailed Changes
*    SpamAssassin sa-update rules tarball, for use if you cannot run
sa-update to download these automatically after installing. (signatures:
GPG SHA-256 SHA-512)*

If you don't like what a distribution such as redhat chooses to do from
there should really be discussed with those package maintainers.

Regards,
KAM

--
Kevin A. McGrail