the user's spam folder rather than deleting it.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew
Re: Really simple setup guide [ In reply to ]
i tried to set up bayes training before but i feel that i was
unsuccessful.  is there a definitive guide on setting this up on postfix
with amavis?  if my user were the one that was training it for the other
users that would be ideal

Re: Really simple setup guide [ In reply to ]
On 10.07.20 11:02, Matthew Broadhead wrote:
>i tried to set up bayes training before but i feel that i was
>unsuccessful.?

bayes need some time and some mails to learn until it starts hitting.
You can help it by training manually, using bayes database in amavis' home
directory. You also should do that, because automatic training is not ideal
ane may miss many spams.

Re: Really simple setup guide [ In reply to ]
On Friday 10 July 2020 at 11:02:23, Matthew Broadhead wrote:

> i tried to set up bayes training before but i feel that i was unsuccessful.

It would be helpful to know what gives you that feeling.

How are you training and how are you testing?

> is there a definitive guide on setting this up on postfix with amavis? if my
> user were the one that was training it for the other users that would be
> ideal

In general, Bayes works best when each user trains for the ham and the spam
that *they* receive - you can share Bayes databases between users, but it's
less effective.

Do remember also that Bayes *needs* to be fed ham as well as spam for it to be
able to learn the difference - it's not just a question of giving it all the
spam you receive and assuming it can work out from that what isn't spam.

Regards,

Antony.

--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.
RE: Really simple setup guide [ In reply to ]
You can add rspamd they have all inclusive soluation and they do not
even like if you want to customize the 3000 line counting configuration
file to do just one check.