Mailing List Archive

AWL vs. mailing lists
How are you all handling AWL and mailing lists?

# spamassassin -V
SpamAssassin version 2.63

I subscribe to over one hundred (100) mailing lists. procmail processes
every incoming message <256kB through SA, unless procmail dumps it
first.

High volume mailing lists (e.g., debian-user) have an extremely high
incidence of ham; therefore, AWL is extremely high for such lists. When
the virus/worm-of-the-day spams the list, SA identifies these as spam,
then transforms them into ham -- solely due to AWL skewing ;<

I know that I can turn OFF AWL.

Is that my only alternative?

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
877.596.8237
-
-
we think we know. The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .