Is it time for a INFO_TLD rule similar to the BIZ_TLD rule
already in standard SA releases?

--
Dave Funk University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu> College of Engineering
319/335-5751 FAX: 319/384-0549 1256 Seamans Center
Sys_admin/Postmaster/cell_admin Iowa City, IA 52242-1527
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
RE: time for INFO_TLD? (RE: Another one for bigevil) [ In reply to ]

I have also noticed while grepping for URLs for Bigevil a increase in INFO
TLD and have also thought to add a some points to anything with .info

--Chris
RE: time for INFO_TLD? (RE: Another one for bigevil) [ In reply to ]
Just don't forget mailscanner.info is one of the good domains :-)

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Randal
Network Engineer
Herefordshire Council
Hereford, UK

RE: time for INFO_TLD? (RE: Another one for bigevil) [ In reply to ]
Chris Santerre Said:

IMHO,
BIZ_TLD and any impending INFO_TLD are a waste. My company uses .biz, as do
some of my newer (very ligitmate) clients. I actually encourage them to
purchase .biz and .info to help increase recognition of those TLDs. If we
all insist on having .com domains, we'll soon all be typing
www.mycompanyname-mytown-mystate.com. I disable BIZ_TLD and leave it to
Bayes or BigEvil to determine spamminess from domains.

cheers,
Colin

Colin A. Bartlett
Kinetic Web Solutions
www.kineticweb.biz

RE: time for INFO_TLD? (RE: Another one for bigevil) [ In reply to ]
I thought the main reason for the proliferation of spammers in
.biz was that the .biz hierarchy (unlike .com and .net) allowed
absurdly low lifetimes for the name server information, so they
could easily set up DNS servers on their networks of virus-
compromised home computers and change the IP addresses
constantly, making things much harder to trace. Does .info
have the same problem?

--
Keith C. Ivey <kcivey@cpcug.org>
Washington, DC
Re: time for INFO_TLD? (RE: Another one for bigevil) [ In reply to ]
Re: time for INFO_TLD? (RE: Another one for bigevil) [ In reply to ]
Those were certainly the first two rules I added to my SA rules. Then I backed out my own BIZ rule when I discovered that SA already had the rule, and just bumped up the score on it.

Loren