Mailing List Archive

Feature request to consider: dynamic trusted_networks
I would like to ask the community to consider whether this has merit
(and let me know if it has been proposed before).

I run an ISP, and a number of customers use Verizon DSL (and other
dynamic IP). I would just as soon not list whole blocks of Verizon IP's
as trusted (to avoid DYNABLOCK, et al.).

We have been successfully using a handy bit of perl called
pop-before-smtp (http://popbsmtp.sf.net/) to maintain a dynamic list of
valid IP for postfix. pop-before-smtp tails the log file written by the
pop and imap daemons and maintains a db file of IP addresses from which
a valid authentication has been received in the last 2 hours. This is
used by postfix as an alternative means of smtp authentication (hence
the name).

Would anyone else find it useful to have
Mail::SpamAssassin::NetSet->contains_ip() optionally look in a db as
well as the static list?

Have I found the correct method to add the lookup?

Thanks.