sa-learn over and over again but that seems a little crazy.

Any suggestions?

Chris Johnston / Senior Systems Engineer <chris@routerguy.com>
Re: SA-Learn, mailbox folder scan [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Chris Johnston <chris@routerguy.com> wrote:

> sa-learn --spam < 0-SPAMHOLD
>
> However, I noticed that only the first message is being learned and not
> the other messages glued into that large text file.

Add --mbox if that is in mbox format (i.e. contains more than one message,
each starting with a "From " line).

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist@bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html
Re: SA-Learn, mailbox folder scan [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 18:06:07 -0800, Chris Johnston wrote:

>Hello. After digging a bit through the archives, I still have had
>little success in finding out why I cannot do something like this:
>
> sa-learn --spam < 0-SPAMHOLD
>
>0-SPAMHOLD is a folder in my imap account on my server. This allows me
>to simply move spam over to it and hopefully run sa-learn later.

I believe that should be

sa-learn --spam 0-SPAMHOLD

The SA-learn command requires the file or directory name as a
parameter, not piped in as you are doing.
Re: SA-Learn, mailbox folder scan [ In reply to ]
At 06:06 PM 2/19/04 -0800, Chris Johnston wrote:
>Hello. After digging a bit through the archives, I still have had
>little success in finding out why I cannot do something like this:
>
> sa-learn --spam < 0-SPAMHOLD
>
>0-SPAMHOLD is a folder in my imap account on my server.

Um.. redirecting folders is in general impossible... Its a limit of
redirection in general.

however, sa-learn can take a directory name on the command line if you get
the un-needed < out of there and let SA parse the parameter instead of
having your shell parse it. (yes, redirection is handled by your shell...
bash, tcsh, whatever)

sa-learn --spam SPAMHOLD