mailbox. Can anyone suggest a good method for implementing spam filtering
just for external mail.

David Groce
CCNA
Network Server Analyst/Coordinator
North Kitsap School District
(360) 394-2621
dgroce@nksd.wednet.edu
Re: How to call Spamassassin [ In reply to ]
David

I use a separate machine (600mhx Celeron running freeBSD) as an email
gateway. That way all external emails get scanned, but not internal.

I've also front ended SA with MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) and
added in Sophos and ClamAV virus scanners as well.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

David Groce wrote:
> What's a good best practice to call spamassassin in a Postfix/Courier
> IMAP/Maildrop/Spamassassin mail server. Right now, I have the
> mailbox_delivery command in Postfix set to call spamassassin first then pipe
> the output to maildrop.
>
> My problem is that I don't want to filter my users internal e-mail with
> Spamassassin the above setup will filter anything going into a users
> mailbox. Can anyone suggest a good method for implementing spam filtering
> just for external mail.
>
> David Groce
> CCNA
> Network Server Analyst/Coordinator