Mailing List Archive

Empty mails (again)
I remember last week someone mentioned getting a flood of empty emails (no
subject, no body, no To: address) and was asking how to catch them. I've been
wondering the same thing. I understand that no body or no subject could easily
be OK (actually, I would suspect a message truly having no body to be a ham
sign--quick one line message written entirely in the subject), but a message
lacking either is surely devoid of (obvious) meaning. (Actually, I keep
wanting to forward them to the Department of Homeland Security--clearly they
must be steganography, hiding the message in the timing and the forged From:
address.) Using MISSING_DATE as a reference, I can check for an empty subject

header NO_SUBJECT Subject =~ /^UNSET$/ [if-unset: UNSET]

But what is the best way to check for a completely empty body?
--
Adam Lopresto
http://cec.wustl.edu/~adam/

You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion.

--G.K. Chesterton