Mailing List Archive

use_auto_whitelist problems
Looking at the documentation
(<http://useast.spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html>), I
see that there is a use_auto_whitelist option:
==== quote ===
use_auto_whitelist ( 0 | 1 ) (default: 1)

Whether to use auto-whitelists. Auto-whitelists track the long-term
average score for each sender and then shift the score of new messages
toward that long-term average. This can increase or decrease the score
for messages, depending on the long-term behavior of the particular
correspondent.
==== end quote ===

however, I run spamassassin --lint on my configuration and I get the
following:
==== quote ====
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
use_auto_whitelist 1
====end qoute===

What's up with that? Does spamassassin or the documentation need to
be updated? I can specify -a or --auto-whitelist when starting up
spamd on the command line, but I'd rather specify it in the
configuration file.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

-cary

PS.
I'm using SpamAssassin version 2.63 and perl v5.6.1 on solaris 8,
FWIW.
Re: use_auto_whitelist problems [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 04:47:26PM -0600, Cary Mathews wrote:
> I'm using SpamAssassin version 2.63 and perl v5.6.1 on solaris 8,
> FWIW.

Yeah, the option in the docs is from 2.70 (still in development).
In 2.6x and before, it's -a from the commandline.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"The Power Company is having EMP problems with their reactor."