Kyritsis Athanasios <djart at linux.gr>
Studying Electrical & Computer Engineering
@ Univ. of Patras, Greece
Re: importing another SA bayes db into an existing one [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Thanos Kyritsis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to import a Spamassassin bayes database from one mail server to
> another. The first mail server is running for quite a while now,
> whereas the 2nd mail server is a newer host machine. The 1st server is
> running an older SA version from the 2nd one.
>
> Both servers are configured for site-wide bayes db.
>
> sa-learn can import from a variety of file types, but it cannot import
> from existing bayes_journal/_seen/_tokens files originated from some
> other host.

IIRC i did it with --import a couple weeks ago. copyed the bayes file from
server 1 to server 2 into spamd users .spamassassin directory an did a
--import. this went fine.
are you using the same db version on your servers? maybe a --rebuild would
do the trick if not.

regards,
Matthias
Re: importing another SA bayes db into an existing one [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Matthias Fuhrmann wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Thanos Kyritsis wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to import a Spamassassin bayes database from one mail server to
> > another. The first mail server is running for quite a while now,
> > whereas the 2nd mail server is a newer host machine. The 1st server is
> > running an older SA version from the 2nd one.
> >
> > Both servers are configured for site-wide bayes db.
> >
> > sa-learn can import from a variety of file types, but it cannot import
> > from existing bayes_journal/_seen/_tokens files originated from some
> > other host.
>
> IIRC i did it with --import a couple weeks ago. copyed the bayes file from
> server 1 to server 2 into spamd users .spamassassin directory an did a
> --import. this went fine.
> are you using the same db version on your servers? maybe a --rebuild would
> do the trick if not.

oh, sorry, missed the "existing" one. just ignore this. i'll grab a second
cup of coffee and will read more carefully next time :)

regards,
Matthias
Re: importing another SA bayes db into an existing one [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Matthias Fuhrmann wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Matthias Fuhrmann wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Thanos Kyritsis wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I want to import a Spamassassin bayes database from one mail server to
> > > another. The first mail server is running for quite a while now,
> > > whereas the 2nd mail server is a newer host machine. The 1st server is
> > > running an older SA version from the 2nd one.
> > >
> > > Both servers are configured for site-wide bayes db.
> > >
> > > sa-learn can import from a variety of file types, but it cannot import
> > > from existing bayes_journal/_seen/_tokens files originated from some
> > > other host.
> >
> > IIRC i did it with --import a couple weeks ago. copyed the bayes file from
> > server 1 to server 2 into spamd users .spamassassin directory an did a
> > --import. this went fine.
> > are you using the same db version on your servers? maybe a --rebuild would
> > do the trick if not.
>
> oh, sorry, missed the "existing" one. just ignore this. i'll grab a second
> cup of coffee and will read more carefully next time :)

what about this:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes-checkins/2003-January/000885.html
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/spambayes/spambayes/Attic/dbExpImp.py

regards,