Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department
ahall@autodist.com
Re: Searching ticket content? [ In reply to ]
Hey Alex,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 7:57 AM, Alex Hall <ahall@autodist.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
> Some users at work are wondering if they can search ticket contents? There's
> no way in the search builder,

Errrr.... nope. There is.

Search -> Tickets -> New Search

The second drop down on your left starts with "Subject". Change it to "Content".

Do you have fulltext searching enabled?

-m
---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR training sessions, and a new workshop day! https://bestpractical.com/training
* Los Angeles - January 9-11 2017
Re: Searching ticket content? [ In reply to ]
Hi Alex,

I'm guessing you are looking for full text indexing, further details can
be found here:

https://docs.bestpractical.com/rt/4.4.1/full_text_indexing.html

Best Regards

Martin

Re: Searching ticket content? [ In reply to ]
On 7 Nov 2016, at 8:57, Alex Hall wrote:

> Hello list,
> Some users at work are wondering if they can search ticket contents?
> There's no way in the search builder,

Does your search builder page not have "Content" as a choice in the
pull-down menu with "Subject" as the default?

---------
Re: Searching ticket content? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 08:57:32AM -0500, Alex Hall wrote:
> Hello list,
> Some users at work are wondering if they can search ticket contents?
> There's no way in the search builder, but I know I can plug any SQL I want
> to into the advanced search. Even if I knew the SQL to use, though, that's
> only a saved search for that string. Could I somehow offer users a way to
> search for a string they enter when they're ready to search? I don't want
> to expose the actual SQL query, as there's too much chance of a misplaced
> punctuation mark or mistyped character causing errors. Thanks.
>
> --
> Alex Hall
> Automatic Distributors, IT department
> ahall@autodist.com

Hi Alex,

In advanced search, you select 'Content' and the the items to search
for. Does that not work for you?

Regards,
Ken
---------
Re: Searching ticket content? [ In reply to ]
Hi all,
That 'subject' dropdown has content-type, but not just content. Is there a
setting I've missed?