--
RT Training - Boston, September 9-10
http://bestpractical.com/training
Re: ForwardTicket in RT 4.2.5 and Callbacks [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 05:19:41PM +0000, Alexander Reintzsch wrote:
> I'm currently trying to migrate from RT 4.0.20 to RT 4.2.25 and I need to migrate some extensions.
>
> So my questions are the following.
>
> What can I use now when RT::Interface::Email::ForwardTicket is gone?
> How do I forward requests to a given e-mail-address?

http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT/Ticket.html#Forward-Transaction-undef-To-Cc-Bcc

Keep in mind, 4.2 now treats Forwards like Comments/Corresponds,
meaning it records a transaction and triggers a standard Scrip, rather
than doing a bunch of non-standard stuff.

> As I saw, you changed the callbacks quite a bit. Is there a list of the current callbacks?

grep -r -- m-\>callback share/html/ lib/

-kevin
Re: ForwardTicket in RT 4.2.5 and Callbacks [ In reply to ]
>> What can I use now when RT::Interface::Email::ForwardTicket is gone?
>> How do I forward requests to a given e-mail-address?

> http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT/Ticket.html#Forward-Transaction-undef-To-Cc-Bcc

Thanks.

> Keep in mind, 4.2 now treats Forwards like Comments/Corresponds,
> meaning it records a transaction and triggers a standard Scrip, rather
> than doing a bunch of non-standard stuff.

That is really a pity, because I rather want the e-mail-address where the ticket is forwarded to to be hidden from the eyes of normal users.
I can see the point in the changes using standards but then I face quite some issues.

Either I write my own email forwarding methods or I introduce a new right which allows users to see a transaction in the history or doesn't do so.
I will check both options. Thanks anyway for you reply.

>> As I saw, you changed the callbacks quite a bit. Is there a list of the current callbacks?

> grep -r -- m-\>callback share/html/ lib/

Thanks, that query is very helpful. :)

Cheers,
Alex
Re: ForwardTicket in RT 4.2.5 and Callbacks [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 12:03:22PM +0000, Alexander Reintzsch wrote:
> That is really a pity, because I rather want the e-mail-address where the ticket is forwarded to to be hidden from the eyes of normal users.
> I can see the point in the changes using standards but then I face quite some issues.
>
> Either I write my own email forwarding methods or I introduce a new right which allows users to see a transaction in the history or doesn't do so.
> I will check both options. Thanks anyway for you reply.

While I can understand your desires, RT core benefited quite a bit
from this cleanup, as did the majority of normal users. The original
design and implementation of Forward was poorly designed and at odds
with any other piece of RT's mail infrastructure.

You probably also don't like that we finally log the outgoing
forwarded message in history.

Your best bet is to use the filtering callbacks to hide transactions.

-kevin