index for Tickets.Subject column
Hi,

as we have with RT 4.2 ticket links autocomplete, which use by default
the tickets subject, shouldn't there be an index on that column?

Chris
--
RT Training - Dallas May 20-21
http://bestpractical.com/training
Re: index for Tickets.Subject column [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 07:48:00AM +0200, Christian Loos wrote:
> as we have with RT 4.2 ticket links autocomplete, which use by default
> the tickets subject, shouldn't there be an index on that column?

It won't help in the default though, since we do Subject LIKE '%foo%'.
If you switched in the config to a Subject => STARTSWITH then we would
generate Subject LIKE 'foo%' which mysql/pg at least can actually use an
index for (tested briefly on a mysql 5.5 and pg 9.2).

Sounds like a doc patch suggesting this if link autocompleting is slow
would be good, but I don't think we should add the index if it isn't
going to help the default case.

-kevin