Mailing List Archive

RT 3.8.7 Released
We are happy to announce that RT 3.8.7 is now available. You can
download it from:

http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-3.8.7.tar.gz
http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/release/rt-3.8.7.tar.gz.sig

SHA1 sums

9de5860c5c58d40c5f6914cdde807ecc66a68f20 rt-3.8.7.tar.gz
3088fb66f6ecbf57f04cd5aba3684645406c120f rt-3.8.7.tar.gz.sig

This is primarily a bugfix release of RT.
Some important fixes are listed here:

* Stop old DateTime or DateTime::Locales from exploding in Preferences
* Move all JS for hierarchical CFs onto derivative field; remove DerivativeCFs method
Fix bug on Oracle when selecting against a CLOB
* Call the method on the object, not the username string (Reported by Philip Shore)
Fix error when using WebExternalAuth and setting user info
* When using WebExternalAuth don't issue a new session cookie on each request
Fix lost attachments when using WebExternalAuth. WebExternalAuthContinuous can be set back to 1
* Mention missing index that was only added to upgrade scripts
* fixes for PlainTextMono config option introduced in 3.8.6
* fixes for updating charts and dashboards
* delete links from Bulk Update

A more complete changelog is available below

-kevin

BUGFIXES AND CLEANUPS
=====================
* We want to capture the results
When Bulk Updating, indicate that a comment or correspondence has been recorded
* adjust test level so failures reported in the right place
* clean cought emails on END
* move standalone related code into start_standalone_server
* Fix URL used for CF of type autocomplete.
* Remove dated comment
* * show_customize -> ShowCustomize
* detect browser lang in LocalizedDateTime in Date.pm too
* in error message we were using static value, when it's dynamic
* refactor StripContent: make it return empty string as long as the content does *not* have any *real* data, i.e. \S but without <br/> and &nbsp;
* remove needless lines
* url path fix in /Admin/Elements/ToolTabs
* update Query str in Tabs in Chart.html
* do *not* show the old saved search in /Search/Build.html if one loaded a saved search in /Search/Chart.html
* use $ARGS{Query} instead of $Query because we may change $ARGS{Query} later in /Search/Chart.html
* my %o = keys %$changes; is indeed wrong
* refactor a little
* make sure $PrimaryGroupBy is not undef in /Search/Elements/Chart
* more saved chart search tests
* only when SaveSearchLoad, we can update Query,ChartType,PrimaryGroupBy,etc.
* we should save all the info when SavedSearchSave, not just Query
* test PrimaryGroupBy and ChartStyle too in saved_search_chart.t
* clean a bit: file input's value attr is useless
* show Update botton when a dashboard contains deleted searches
* tiny typo fix
* DisplayName is translated string
* better way to compare pane in @panes and @deleted in /Dashboards/Queries.html
* use get_ok() so we do *not* need to test the status stuff for new added tests
* erase the leading space in FormatType
* tweak BulkLinks a bit
* remove misleading comment
* remove "use bytes;" in CreateTickets
* Perltidy
* Only set time values on clone if they are non-zero
* check $container to see if $ARGS{\'SavedSearchLoad\'} can be loaded
* we can't use @actions to store query's parse results: we should use another variable to do this
* Feed ticket information to MakeClicky when we're clicky-fying attachments
- Thanks to Salih Goenuellue at SWITCH
* Pluck Ticket and Transaction out of %args sooner
* Use spaces for indentation not tabs
* More cleanup
* Clean up some double-negative logic
* Tidy
* Fix warning message
* sort of typo, ContentType was passed twice
* Fix Postgres ACL script to work with usernames that need quoting
(inspired by patch to RTFM)
* Skip the richtext editor for android and iphone devices
* we shouldn't escape selected="selected"
* We should be using the same index on 4.0 and 4.1+
Originally added in 5c5dec3a88eae44b227dff2dc87a54e5105ba233
* Fix URL thanks to Jason A. Smith [rt3.fsck.com #14000]
* there is no div around rtname anymore
* Code indent
* Remove a double negative to clarify logic slightly
* Don't include these files in tarballs
(cherry picked from commit 6dfb39e1075859e464656a25cf6a2af67fc7eb28)
* add monospace font to .plain-text-white-space: .mono is merged to it
* use err_headers_out instead of headers_out
* RT was accidentally injecting too many newlines when rendering plaintext messages without <pre>.
* Stop people with old DateTime or DateTime::Locales from exploding in Preferences
* Move all JS for hierarchical CFs onto derivative field; remove DerivativeCFs method
* Call the method on the object, not the username string (Reported by Philip Shore)
* When using WebExternalAuth don't issue a new session cookie on each request
* Mention missing index that was only added to upgrade scripts

DOCUMENTATION
=============
* Fixes rt3.fsck.com#13490 - confusing instructions for the mysql 4.1->5 upgrade commands

Also fixes Debian Bug #550278
Thanks to Marcus Better.
* comment one confusing code
* Slightly more clear --all explanation for rt-email-dashboards
* Fix perldoc for Queue object

* remove =testing that make perldoc stop just after it
* add description like other RT objects
* Fix shredder documentation typo
* Documentation tweaks for new OutgoingMailFrom config
* Add doc about @Plugins configuration variable.
* We only have this index in the schema and upgrade scripts for mysql and oracle
(cherry picked from commit 4f0d3e64378107be6bd40f377d3250f3031cfa9f)

FEATURES
========
* Add a MassageDashboards callback for the dashboard homepage
* Callback for massaging the dashboard tabs on the homepage and dashboards
* refactor validation of transactions CFs on ticket update
* Add a systemwide plugin directory at the request of the Debian RT maintainers
* Fold hardcoded SelfService search format into a config option
* make people can update saved chart search easily
* we should try to decode uploaded template for offline
* append plugin lib path to @INC if local lib path is *not* in @INC: see also ticket #13944
* implement "Current Links" section in bulk update
* If there is no ticket for outgoing mail, check a new configuration option for the From address
* Document the Default key
* Add CustomFieldValuesAsString method

If you are using a multiple value custom field, FirstCustomFieldValue
doesn't help because you actually want all the values. This is a simple
wrapper function to save you writing the map.
* Add ability to skip QuickCreate ticket creation in the Initial callback
(consistent with Ticket/Create.html and SelfService/Create.html)
* allow to change page title via callback on Create
* another place where title is used on Create
* pass QueueObj into callback, we already loaded object
* add simple search on Admin/Queues page
* a callback in Elements/Logout
* $SendTo argument in SimpleSearch widget

TESTS
=====
* tiny url fix: we do *not* need 2 leading /
* Avoid redefine warnings
* Ignore t/tmp/
* Begin a new test file for testing dashboard permissions
* Refactor run_mailgate into run_and_capture
* add t/web/offline_messages_utf8.t
* minor changes in t/
* refactor tests: new tmp dir, Cfg->Set updates file and more
* new central tmp dir under t/tmp
* tmp dir is not deleted on failures
* centrall %tmp hash in RT::Test to hold names
of files
* set_config_wrapper that wraps RT->Config->Set calls and
append changes into the test config file, so we can
catch them in UI by restarting server
* added t/web/ticket_update_without_content.t
* add t/web/saved_search_chart.t
* add t/web/command_line_with_unknown_field
* add t/web/offline_utf8.t
* add t/web/dashboard_with_deleted_saved_search.t
* added t/web/search_bulk_update_links.t
* add t/web/saved_search_permissions.t
* Split on the same string we actually join on
* refactor catching mails in tests

TRANSLATION
* fixed a typo in fr.po. thanks, JeanBenoit++
* [fsck.com #14092] Fixes a typo in the Norwegian Bokmal translation
* Danish translation fix from jonasbn. [fsck.com #14132]
* missing localization