Mailing List Archive

rSyslog Windows Agent - FIPS compliance and TLS v1.3 support
Hello!I need to send specific Windows event logs and database and application server logs to a Syslog server. I think, rSyslog Windows Agent would be a good choice. But before I start with it, I have too know if it's FIPS compliant (works with OpenSSL3) and if it can work over  TLS v1.3.Could you please help me regarding these two topics?
Re: rSyslog Windows Agent - FIPS compliance and TLS v1.3 support [ In reply to ]
I need to ask the folks closer to the agent, but to the best of my
knowledge TLS 1.3 is supported (very sure), and I guess openssl 3.x is
used (not so sure on that).

HTH
Rainer

Re: rSyslog Windows Agent - FIPS compliance and TLS v1.3 support [ In reply to ]
As I said, TLS 1.3 is supported, but not all properties are yet
available directly via the GUI. However, they can be set via "SSL
configuration commands". I have requested that the next major version
also provides proper GUI parameters.

In the meantime I suggest to contact Adiscon support at
support@adiscon.com when you intend to configure TLS 1.3.

Unfortunately, openssl 3.0 is not yet integrated, this is planned for
the upcoming major release somewhat later this year.

HTH,
Rainer